“More Good Than Bad”

Cuisines: Southwestern
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Description: Food is Southwestern
Reviewed September 27, 2013

My wife and I had very different dining experiences. She had a chicken-stuffed pepper and swears the chicken was merely boiled before shredding. She was not pleased.
I had a green chile cheeseburger that was the finest example of this delicacy I've ever encountered. Ruidoso's Hall of Flame makes a nice GCB, but Grill Caliente's was off the charts. So were the deep-fried mixed pepper rings with the chipotle cream dipping sauce. Together, the burger, the rings and an ice cold Tecate make for an absolutely perfect New Mexican meal.
Service was pleasant, and I liked the decor, but the piped in music was a bit offputting. It was a chaotic mix of wildly different styles and was a bit loud. I suggest the owners choose a unified musical theme and reduce the volume somewhat.

Reviewed September 26, 2013

We sat outside on the porch and enjoyed a delicious lunch. Food was tasty and atmosphere was very relaxing.

Reviewed September 14, 2013

Delicious, wonderfully prepared food with abundant use of popular hatch chilies. The hatch chili mash was terrific with just enough kick. Friendly staff, nice ambience with outdoor seating both street side and overlooking the trees in the back. I could have eaten there a few more times on our trip. Reasonably priced for food of this quality.

Reviewed September 3, 2013

We had a wonderful lunch. Our server was great; her recommendations, service and food made our meal special- thank you Kathy! I look forward to another trip to Ruidoso so I can eat here again.

Reviewed August 25, 2013 via mobile

I have dined here twice and the tacos ("street type") are fantastic. I can also say the deserts are great!
I only wish they had sides included with the tacos considering the price.

Been to Grill Caliente? Share your experiences!