“great staff”

Best Western Plus Ruidoso Inn
Ranked #3 of 23 Hotels in Ruidoso
Reviewed March 19, 2014

wonderful helpful staff. Very courteous and polite. Willing to go the extra mile to accommodate your needs. I was overwhelmed with what was initially minimal expectations. These people know how to run a hotel. The in room wi-fi was the only let down. I was unable to stream video or download some large files I needed for my presentation, but other than that it was definitely a top notch experience. I would definitely recommend this hotel to any weary travelers.

• Stayed: March 2014, traveled on business

Reviewed February 23, 2014

This was a lovely property, badly let down by customer service. Receptionist was rude on our arrival and several times later in our stay. Hot water took ages to come through and shower adjustment was poor. Water too hot in swimming pool - we felt sick if we stayed in too long! Coffee machine in room inaccessible and fridge was dirty. We had an unwanted and unbooked early morning call. Breakfast attendant inefficient and couldn't have cared less and there was a chaotic pre-ordering system one morning, that did not work.
Having said all that, the room was huge, clean and very comfortable. Fridge was quiet.

• Stayed: February 2014, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Hilary O
vip0122, General Manager at Best Western Plus Ruidoso Inn, responded to this reviewResponded March 31, 2014

We are so sorry you had a bad experience with our hotel. I am the new GM and would like the chance to show you the improvements make since I took over. Again I apologize for the experience you had on your last stay.

Reviewed February 17, 2014

Best Western Plus Hotels are almost always a safe and enjoyable place to stay, and this is no exception. We were welcomed warmly, given a lovely, spacious room, and wished we re going to be there a little longer to enjoy it! It was clean, comfortable beds, and a good breakfast was offered.

Since we haven't stayed at the places rated above this, I can't make a fair comparison, but I can't imagine they are better than this one.

Stayed: January 2014, traveled as a couple
1  Thank YolandaGolightly
Reviewed February 17, 2014

This Inn was a pleasure to deal with. Staff and accommodations were excellent. If you will be in the area, I would say try this Inn. The first stay here was not so good, the staff must have been given some pep talks because it was a complete 180.

• Stayed: February 2014, traveled as a couple
Reviewed February 9, 2014

This was one of the last hotels that had rooms available during a New Year's stay in Ruidoso, NM. I knew coming into it that we were not going to get 5 Star Service at a Best Western, but nothing compares to how terrible it was while we were there. I'm not sure where to start, but here goes:
1. My room was not ready for 1.5 hours after check-in.
2. When I went to the room, someone else bags were already in there. They literally gave me a room that was already occupied. (I'm really glad no one was there when we busted in)
3. The room was very outdated, and the bed didn't even have bed skirts.
4. We paid over $160 and this is the worst hotel I have ever stayed at.
5. The light switch in my room shocked the H#*@ outta me... I wish I could remember which room number, I would warn you.
6. The breakfast was abhorrent. Green Powdered Eggs (basting in about 2" of water), Uncooked Biscuits and Sub-par everything else.
7. Hair on my sheets... Really.. Hair....

I would not recommend this hotel unless it (like it was for us) is the ONLY place in town available.

• Stayed: January 2014, traveled with family
2  Thank Eric_and_Kety
Reviewed February 6, 2014

The staff here will go out of their way to accommodate your needs. The bathrooms are a little smaller than a newer BW; however, they are very clean. The breakfast area being attended to very well is the only negative. All the views are beautiful from the outside facing rooms. We had a family of deer eating from the trees (breathtaking).

• Stayed: January 2014, traveled on business
A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed January 20, 2014

This hotel is less then a 10 minute drive to the downtown area and Inn of the Mountain Gods. It's about a 15 minute trip to the Winter Tubing Park. The hotel staff was very pleasant. The breakfast was very filling & satisfying. The beds were too soft; however, we slept just fine after a full day of activities. My daughter loved the pool! If you're in the mood for barbeque try Circle J Barbeque - very delicious!

• Stayed: January 2014, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with Best Western
Also consider these accommodations in or near Ruidoso
MCM Elegante Lodge & Resort
#7 of 23 in Ruidoso
Shadow Mountain Lodge and Cabins
1 mi away
La Quinta Inn & Suites Ruidoso Downs

Been to Best Western Plus Ruidoso Inn? Share your experiences!