“very good”

Best Western Plus Ruidoso Inn
Ranked #3 of 23 Hotels in Ruidoso
“very good”
Reviewed November 28, 2012

Very pleased with the price on the rooms. Reviewing and making reservations were very easy. The rooms were roomy, clean and bed was comfortable. Continental breakfast wasn't too good, both days there was no food, except for cereal and coffee. Overall it was a very nice stay and we will be back!

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with Best Western

1 Thank EDWARD V

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (41)
Wichita Falls, Texas, United States
Reviewed August 17, 2012

Ok, so I took the wife and 2 older children on a road trip for a few days. Wanted to visit Ruidoso NM just because I love having gone there in the past. I usually try staying in Holiday Inn Express because I have overall good luck. I contacted the HIE in Ruidoso and they wanted $189 per night because "it's their peak season and they have horse races this weekend". There is no HIE worth $189 per night period. So ended up at Best Western Plus and decided to stay there against my better judgment because they had the same idea, "peak season and horse race weekend". My rate was $159 for two queens. I am a member of AAA so that brought the price down to $143.99 plus tax. Got in and got situated. Room was nice and clean with comfortable beds. AC rattled a little bit but not bad. Slept well with no problems of noise or anything and the property was full as I took the last room. Got up and we were missing 3 of the 4 wash cloths and the iron leak $143.99 since I was AAA member. She told me since it was peak season no discounts were able to be applied. I asked her if the AAA rate was $143.99 based off of the $159 rate. She said yes. I said how would I know that if the clerk checking me in hadn't told me that. Anyway, she never asked how our stay was nor addressed any of the issues and finally decided that I would receive the $143.99 rate but she made certain I knew she had to override the system to give me that rate. LIKE I CARE!!!! Had she been more worried about how my stay was and if everything was okay in the room I would probably mark this stay as better than AVERAGE but since she really didn't seem to care and was only worried about the money I felt it deserved AVERAGE. To be honest I really feel like it deserves POOR because of them jacking the rate up so high as there is NO Best Western Plus worth $143.99 per night much less $159 per night. The only reasons I left it at AVERAGE is because all of the hotels/cabins jack the rates up so I won't punish them here for that.

Room Tip: Internet service seemed to work well
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank Scott H
Ada, Oklahoma
Reviewed July 30, 2012

I cannot say enough about this property without saying we almost had a bad travel experience if it hadn't been for this place. We stayed at another property for two nights, not good. Moved the next morning, they held our stuff. Breakfast was wonderful, rooms were large and very nice. Always clean rooms and property. Very nice indoor pool and workout facility. Would stay there again.

Room Tip: If you have a family of 4, this is the place to stay. Rooms are great. Big and very nice.
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
3 Thank benesba
College Station, Texas
Reviewed July 19, 2012

I stayed here with my kids during a recent visit. I booked online and found an internet special rate that was $60-70 a night cheaper than comparable hotels in the area. This is a nice facility--good location right on the side of a mountain with decent views. We had two queen beds with a sitting area and ceiling fan in our room. Room was clean and comfortable. Free high speed was available with good coverage. There is a covered pavilion adjacent to the hotel with a grill, and a nearby short hiking trail. The heated pool and hot tub area were fairly clean (I'm picky about pool cleanliness, but this one wasn't bad). The front desk folks were friendly and helpful.

The only potential drawback for some folks may be that this hotel is not located within walking distance of the downtown area, but it is a short drive. Also, the water pressure in the shower was poor.

Overall I'd stay here again and recommend it to anyone.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
3 Thank agchris96
Vado, New Mexico
Reviewed May 31, 2012

This hotel was just great: clean, comfortable beds, pillows, and great customer service. The breakfast was delicious. I highly recommend this hotel.

Room Tip: Home sweet home.....
  • Stayed May 2012, traveled with family
2 Thank Terry P
Ft Worth
Reviewed May 29, 2012

Our cabin in Cloudcroft fell through so we had to make a decision on the fly to stay in Ruidoso. We balanced prices with online reviews and picked this hotel quickly. We were not disappointed. The room (1 King) is very large with a sitting area and desk and free wi-fi, of course. Breakfast is very good with hot options (eggs, waffles, plus sausage or ham or bacon) and bakery items (bread, bagels, raisin bread for toasting), fruit, yogurt, cottage cheese & peaches, cereal and milk, plus juice. I was pleased because they had all my "healthy" choices: raisin bran, low fat milk, instant oatmeal packets, cranberry juice, and tea bag selection for hot tea. (Yeah, no one ever seems to have that.) They have a nice pool, although, we did not use. We did use one of the outdoor gazebos (there are two) plus they have a couple of grills available for use. Beds are great, no taco mattress here. Nice and quiet, a great night's sleep. Only cons we saw: hand towels / wash clothes / bath mat were still in process when we checked in around 4pm- no biggie, we just picked those up on our way in after dinner. Also, the water pressure was a little low and we had to use the plunger on the toilet a couple times, but it was no big deal. We would stay here again- if for no other reason but the views! The best in the village! Great view of mountains out the front and back of this hotel and from the gazebos.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank p m
Clovis
Reviewed April 29, 2012

2nd time staying at this hotel. The employees we encounterd were kind and the room was nice. The pool stays open late, and we plan on returning to this hotel upon our next visit to Ruidoso.

Room Tip: Choose a room facing the highway.
  • Stayed April 2012, traveled as a couple
Also consider these accommodations in or near Ruidoso
Hotel Ruidoso - Midtown
Shadow Mountain Lodge and Cabins
Quality Inn & Suites - Ruidoso Hwy 70
MCM Elegante Lodge & Resort
La Quinta Inn & Suites Ruidoso Downs

Been to Best Western Plus Ruidoso Inn? Share your experiences!