“Very relaxing, beautiful, romantic place.”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Ruidoso
Ruidoso Lodge Cabins
“Very relaxing, beautiful, romantic place.”
Reviewed December 11, 2012 via mobile

My husband and I went for a mini vacation. We loved the scenery, location, wildlife and weather. It was beautiful and very relaxing. We had an amazing time. The cabins were clean, cozy and perfect for a couples get away. We will definitely be back.

• Stayed December 2012

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (33)
Reviewed December 4, 2012

My husband I I.got married at one of the cabins balconies in 2010. We've been the four times since. The owners are wonderful. The cabins are awesome, charming and.cozy. The deer come right to your doorstep. The only bad thing about the experience is having to leave it. We love ut there and highly recommend it.

• Stayed December 2012
Levelland
Reviewed November 20, 2012

After weeks of searching for the "perfect getaway" place I decided to go with Hidden Canyon. My husband and I just celebrated our 10th wedding anniversary in July but I wanted to surprise him with a romantic weekend away from the kids, just the two of us. I read the reviews on here and it seemed like the perfect place. The cabins are VERY nice! Numbers 11, 12, and 14 are supposed to be the exact same. When I read the description on the website, I was lead to believe these three cabins are really hidden in the forest without any other cabins around. That is very misleading! I am going to post pictures below of your closest neighbor. Now, when you are in the area you will see how close other cabins are, compared to those- you are away from others but I was under the impression there wasn't any other cabins around. That simply was not the case. The other reviews I read said they saw deer and they came right up to the cabin, I did not see any at all and we were up fairly early both mornings we were there.

After I booked the cabin I got an email asking if there was anything they could do to make our trip a little more special. I replied back to the email asking if there would be candles in the room or an ipod docking station and to have those available if possible. This was the exact reply: "We do not have a docking station for ipods....sorry. We do not have candles in the rooms. We have not had good experiences with them. We suggest if you want to bring candles that they are in a glass container." Now, both of those things would have helped and I wouldn't have had to pack them seeing how this was a surprise! I read one of the other couples review and it stated they had a bottle of champagne waiting in the room for them. My suggestion to the cabin owners would be to put a docking station in the cabins! The remote control for the TV in our cabin was not the right one. Yes it would control the volume on the TV but we went and rented a dvd and couldn't change the input with it. We had to manually do it on the TV. The remote wasn't even the same brand as the TV. The only other negative thing was the fact that you had to wash your own dishes or leave $10 for them to do it, there was a note hanging in the kitchen about this. I am a stay at home Mom, the last thing I want to do when I go on a romantic getaway is dishes!!! I was a little surprised with that, even in normal hotels the maids will wash the dishes! The Jacuzzi tub was amazing, lots of room and very nice! The shower and bathroom are a little small for my taste. They list on the website there is wifi but we never could get it to stay connected and that could have been because we were in the cabin furthest up the hill.

The scenery is absolutely beautiful and if the things I listed above are not a big deal for you, then this is a great place. I know we will definitely be going back! It is a little pricey, so if you go during the week it’s cheaper, we couldn’t do that. It had to be the weekend due to my husband’s job. I sure recommend this place to anyone who is looking for a great place to go. Just be aware of the things I listed above. I was impressed and loved every minute of my weekend away with my husband!

Room Tip: Number 14 is further up on the hill and you can see the other two cabins below you which are 11 and...
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
4 Thank sdscott23
San Antonio, Texas
Reviewed November 2, 2012

We were celebrating our 15 year anniversary and couldn't think of a better place to stay. The cabin was very clean and cozy. Every evening we would sit out in our back patio and watch the deer grazing. Hubby smoked a couple of cigars out on the patio too.

The kitchenette contained a small refrigerator, microwave and was fully stocked with plates, pots and utensils. Also, there was an outside grill.

We enjoyed utilizing the whirlpool tub, as well as the wood-burning fireplace (they provided the fire-starters, matches and unlimited wood). The plush, terry bath robes were an unexpected treat. Everyday the towels were exchanged with high quality replacements.

The Rudioso Lodge Cabins made our anniversary celebration extra special. Hubby quote: we'll be back!

1 Thank One_Love11
New Mexico
Reviewed October 31, 2012

My husband and I stayed here for our honeymoon and it was amazing. We stayed in Cabin 14 and loved everything about it. When we arrived, later than we expected, they were very helpful and pleasant. When we got into the cabin, they had provided champagne for us to celebrate with. The cabin was spotless and gorgeous. We loved the whirlpool tub in the corner and the natural light coming in during the day provides a wonderful atmosphere. The bed was super comfortable and at night watching the gas fireplace burn was so romantic! Every morning when we got up, we drank coffee on the deck and watched deer come right up to our yard. It was quiet and beautiful and one of the most relaxing times of our life. We WILL be back!! These people just know how to make your getaway as perfect as it can get!

Room Tip: They all looked beautiful...my only advice would be to keep an eye on the weather because the furthe...
Arlington, Texas, United States
Reviewed October 29, 2012

Loved this place!! Especially loved the whirlpool tub! The deer will walk right beside you! It's so beautiful and we will definetly stay there again! There is a grocery store close by so you can buy groceries and save money on food. They have a grill outside as well. We loved the gas fireplace as well!

San Antonio, Texas
Reviewed October 12, 2012

It is a lovely place. The cabin was beautiful. The pine trees and the calm. The trees whispering. I have no words to express how wonderful this trip was. We'll be back. Hidden Canyon Cabin # 11 is the one.