“we'll be back”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Ruidoso
Ruidoso Lodge Cabins
Reviewed August 19, 2012

The cabin was wonderful. Had the back cabin #14. It was beautiful. It was our 30 anniversry. We never had a honeymoon. We are so glad that we chose this place. The weather was great. I'm not an early riser but I was up no later than 6:30 every morning just to sit out on the porch to see the deer , they would come right up to the porch. Great owners. If anything was wrong or we needed something it was taking care of quickly. We stayed for 6 nights didn't want to leave. We will come back next year. This is the place to go if you just want to relax and enjoy nature. We would like to bring the family sometime. The grandkids would really enjoy it.

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Terri H

Reviewed August 16, 2012

I have an high stress job so when my husband and I decided to go to Ruidoso for our anniversary, he wanted something quiet and comfortable for me. The Lodge Cabins exceeded our expectations. The bed was so comfortable I slept 11 hours the first night. the kitchen was very functional and well equipped with all the cookware and utensils needed for the simple meals we wanted to share alone with my hubby. The towels were not the those cheap thin and short towels that a lot of hotel chains put out for their guest. They were big , thick, soft and thirsty. We sat for 3 days on the front porch enjoying wine and watching all the deer meander across the beautifully kept grounds. It was very close to town for quick trips and a little shopping but we were so happy that we didn't feel like we needed to go anywhere else. Friendly quiet neighbors, no loud parties.

Room Tip: Cabins 1-5 face the road which is a little busy but the best cabins to sit and watch the deer.
  • Stayed: August 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Vicky D
Reviewed June 24, 2012

My wife and I just returned from a three night stay.

The cabin was great. It was spotlessly clean and well appointed (I was impressed with the selection of kitchen supplies).

The grounds were meticulously manicured and the location was great. It felt like you were away from town, but it was just about a mile to the strip.

I thought the pricing for what you get was good (especially at the weekday rates).
The staff was great (Judy was nice enough to fax some important papers for my wife).

I would have given it five stars except for one thing; our cabin tuned out to be a duplex. We were in cabin 7 (the first one listed on their webpage). On the plus side, it turned out to be larger than expecting. We booked a one bedroom but this cabin has two (it is listed as a one bedroom on their site). It was nice having the extra space, but I would have preferred a stand-alone cabin. The first night there was nobody next door, so no biggie. The other two nights it was booked. The “neighbors” were nice (had a cute toddler), but sharing a porch with strangers kind of kills the romantic ambiance they advertise (the porch is shared, but does have a divider between the two halves).

That said, I still think it would be hard to beat the location, condition of the cabins, cleanliness, and price their properties offer (if you haven’t looked at their website, they have cabins in 4 different locations and a larger house size cabin; all located within the upper canyon). I won’t hesitate to book here again.

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled with family
3  Thank jvm123
Reviewed June 13, 2012

My husband and I needed a romantic getaway and decided these cabins fit the bill. The cabin was beautiful and the location was perfect from town. Check in was a breeze and Judy was pleasant to talk to as well. We will be back!!!

• Stayed: June 2012
1  Thank Texasgal1966
Reviewed December 3, 2011

We came into town for the Christmas festivities. The cabin was very close to town with easy access to the strip. The cabins are clean and cozy with a well equipped kitchen. Clean and nice linens.

• Stayed: December 2011
1  Thank Heathersimba
Reviewed October 29, 2011

If you are looking for romantic seclusion at it's best, this is definitely the place. Ruidoso Lodge Cabins have three cabins in a secluded canyon in the upper canyon that is just magnificent. They are one bedroom, one bathroom with complete kitchens. They also have a jacuzzi next to the bed which is just the icing on the cake. We were fortunate to be able to stay from Sunday thru Thursday night which they consider the weekday rate which is great savings in room rate. Very peaceful, very quiet and very romantic setting. They have a fireplace, a gas grill on the porch and a large flat screen tv with cable and a DVD player for your use. They also have WIFI in the canyon for your use. We were greeted almost every morning with about 9 - 11 deer hanging out on our front porch area. They would get close enough that we fed them cereal since that is all we had they might eat. Boy did they like that. We also saw a fox around as well. The cabin was very clean, very nice and in such great shape. We will definitely make return trips to this little jewel now that we have found it. Cabin #14 is the best in our opinion since it is at the back of the canyon and more secluded. I wish we had found this place years ago. We would recommend this to any couple looking to reconnect or just have some great alone time. Wow, what a beautiful place to get away to.

Room Tip: Ask for cabin # 14.
  • Stayed: October 2011, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Ringman1
Reviewed October 24, 2011

Stayed here for 2 nights and it was so nice and peaceful. Very clean. They are furnished with all the necessary kitchen appliances and dishes. They furnish firewood, firewood starters and lighters. They also furnish coffee for the coffeemakers. The grounds are very well kept. Would definitely stay here again. Very easy walk to town.

Room Tip: Number 6 is right on the river. Of course, right now the river is dry.
  • Stayed: October 2011, traveled as a couple