“Don't go there!” 1 of 5 bubbles
Review of Grace O'Malley's Irish Pub - CLOSED

Grace O'Malley's Irish Pub
Cuisines: American, Irish, Bar, Pub
Good for: Bar scene, Large groups
Dining options: Late Night, Lunch, Drinks, Dinner, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Parking Available, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Television, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Seymour, Texas
“Don't go there!”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 16, 2013

We dined at Grace O'Malley's Irish Pub in Ruidoso on Monday, Sept 9, 2013 between 5:00-6:00 PM. The service was not good at all. During our visit we saw a server sipping from one of the glasses of beer she was serving to guests. One of the servers (behind the bar) actually coughed into a cocktail napkin, looked at it, then coughed again. As far as I could see he never washed his hands. Our server was not the least bit interested in our table and at that hour there were very few tables with diners. Where our table was located adjoined the outdoor smoking area. Every time one of the "smokers" came into the restaurant they walked directly by our table. The smell was horrible. Some were so drunk they could barely stand and almost ran into me. The food was ok, but nothing special. I will never, never, never go into this so-called "favorite" restaurant/pub again. (And even though they advertised Monday Night Football, it took them over 30 minutes to get the channel changed. By that time we were ready to leave.)

• Visited September 2013
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank AuntBoo_10

Ruidoso, New Mexico
“Everything was substandard”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 28, 2013

Nice looking patio. That and the fact they have smithwicks beer on tap. Everything else about this joint stunk.the service was sooooo bad as to be unbelievable. This was early afternoon, the place was two thirds empty and the hostess wanted to sit us in a back corner. When I spied a window booth up front that was empty I requested to sit there. Was told the table was not wiped down , there for unavailable . I said we'd wait a few minutes while someone wiped it down, ther were four , four people behind the bar, of which one was pouring a beer while the other three were texting one their phones. Who knows where the wait staff were. I offered to wipe the table down down myself and was met with a blank stare. I walk over and sat down at the table anyway, and sat and sat. Begged someone to wait on us, finally got a beer. Then the food came, cold, tasteless , uninspired. Won't go back on principle alone. I was in the food and beverage all my life and whomever manages this place should be ashamed of themselves . Go anywhere else.

• Visited August 2013
3 Thank sarah b
Dallas, Texas
“Guinness is good for you!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 20, 2013

My husband and I were visiting relatives in Ruidoso in July and were quite excited to see this fairly new Irish pub in town. Having visited Ireland twice, we are big fans of the traditional pub and Guinness! O'Malley's is a beautiful restaurant and did look much like some of the newer pubs in Ireland. The Guinness was good, though it was served a little too cold. The food was good but not great. My shepard's pie was too dry but it was flavorful. All the serving sizes were too big, but that seems to be the trend these days. Like other reviewers, we were disappointed that there was no Irish music. They had a live combo playing, but it was not Irish music. I still gave this four stars because we had a great time at O'Malley's. Our waiter was very nice and fun, and we loved the ambience of the place. We are excited for Ruidoso to have a pub in town!

• Visited July 2013
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank Doubletcarol
Las Cruces, New Mexico
“Good Pub, but no Irish Music”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 15, 2013

I enjoyed the viist. The wife and I were celebrating our 42nd anniversary with a weekend trip to Ruidoso and we had to hit the Irish joint. I drink very little anymore but I did try the Irish whiskey.
(http://www.jamesonwhiskey.com/us/agegate). It was excellent. I went with the $5 shot, not the $42 shot!

I had a corned beef brisket sandwich and the wife had corned beef and cabbage. The food was excellent. We had a tremendous waitress. The wife had some wierd alcohol coffee, the lumberjack, and they did not skimp on the alcohol.

We dropped a little bit over $60, but it was worth it. They are a family restuarant and have an excellent location. The only issue was the music. A lot of alternative rock versus classic Irish music. Make sure you go.

• Visited August 2013
1 Thank crucesdave
Houston ,Texas
“Good Chicken Fingers!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 12, 2013

I loved the chicken fingers and the services was excellent. The only thing I disliked was that they didn't have outdoor seating while we were there. It is very well decorated. Didn't care for sitting next to a TV but it was the only table available at the time.

Visited July 2013