“Fun atmosphere but food just okay.”
Review of Grace O'Malley's Irish Pub - CLOSED

Grace O'Malley's Irish Pub
Cuisines: American, Irish
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Albuquerque, New Mexico
“Fun atmosphere but food just okay.”
Reviewed October 10, 2012

We went on a Monday evening when Monday Night Football was playing. We were seated right away and our drink orders taken. Our food order was also taken in a timely manner and the food arrived within a reasonable time frame. I ordered the fish & chips (which were rather soggy & greasy and I would not recommend). My spouse ordered Corned Beef & Cabbage which he said was good. The server who brought the food (not the waitress) came with our meals but did not put them down for us on the table - he made us take the hot plates from him which I thought was rather rude. We did enjoy the atmosphere and it was fun to watch part of the game with the crowd. I would probably go again but just for drinks as they do have a nice atmosphere.

Visited October 2012
2 Thank JLR9000

Silver City, NM
“pub atmosphere”
Reviewed October 9, 2012

Set in the heart of the bustling tourist section of downtown Ruidoso. If you like Pub food then this is the place for you. They can actually pour a Guinness Stout properly and make what they call Black & Tans but what we Irish Bostonians would call a 1/2 &1/2. We sat at the full service bar in quite elegant surroundings which is really out of character with the rest of the wild west feel of Ruidoso. My wife ordered the crab-cakes with some trepidation - since we had just come from the Eastern Shore of Maryland two weeks prior - she said they were good and the sauce had a spicy southwest influence that was complimentary. I had the Bangers and Mash and was not disappointed. Service was a little spotty but nothing to complain about and I was even lucky enough to find a parking space at the rather small lot the restaurant has.

• Visited October 2012
2 Thank T-birdRick
Cloudcroft, New Mexico, United States
“Birthday Dinner”
Reviewed October 1, 2012

My friend and I visited Grace O'Malley's for her birthday dinner. We had crab cakes for an appetizer, they were outstanding. Then we ordered the Bangers and Mash, there was so much food we shared and had plenty to eat. We saved room for dessert and I was so glad that my friend remembered that she did not like cheesecake so I had that all by myself. By the time we were finished we were both glad we agreed to share. Our service was excellent at the table and at the bar afterwards. I am planning to go again for my youngest daughter's birthday. I plan on trying the corned beef and cabbage next.

• Visited September 2012
3 Thank Darla S
Littleton, Colorado
“Good stuff!”
Reviewed October 1, 2012

We ate here one night during a recent trip. Good Irish fair. The fish and chips were very good. The onion soup was great. Everyone in our group was happy with what they'd ordered. They have over 20 beers on tap, and it's always fun to try something new.

Visited September 2012
2 Thank Patty D
Clovis, New Mexico
“Pick a beer/drink because they probably have it”
Reviewed September 23, 2012

Food was very good. Atmosphere was very laid back and fun. Upstairs has a separate bar with pool tables. Downstairs normally has some type of live music and plenty of beer on tap. Outside there is a very cozy smoking deck with a fire for those cool fall or cold winter nights.

Visited September 2012