“Love Nest”

Ranked #5 of 23 Hotels in Ruidoso
Canyon, Texas
“Love Nest”
Reviewed August 26, 2012

My husband and I stay at least 5 nights every July and have for the past 6 years. The service is the best I have ever gotten anywhere. I ask for the same room every trip and they try really hard to make that happen. We stay in their King Suite and it has a fireplace, a full kitchen with microwave, and an amazing view from the private patio. The grounds are just beautful and the view of The Links Golf Course is amazing. We love the walking trail that surrounds the Lodge. It is a super way to work off the full breakfast that is served by their Chef, Alfredo. We love to golf so we can just walk out the door of the Lodge to the Club House and we are on the golf course in a matter of just a few minutes or we can just go hit a bucket of balls. It is a short drive from all of the Ruidoso attractions but we love how private and quiet it is. They have a large swimming pool in addition to a hot tub that is well maintained. There is a also a fire pit on the large patio to enjoy. We love to stay here and the views are always breathtaking.

Room Tip: Ask for a room with a balcony.
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled as a couple
LodgeAtSierraBlanca, General Manager at MCM Elegante Lodge & Resort, responded to this review, August 27, 2012
Thank you for the review of your recent stay at the Lodge (we may have to use it as a referral!). I see that you have a favorite room picked out, but on your next stay you may want to try our newly refurbished "Falling In Loveagain" suite; named after an All-American Futurity winning racehorse. Come and see us again soon!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (84)
San Antonio, Texas
Reviewed August 24, 2012

We enjoyed staying at this lodge while our cabin was occupied during Feb 2012. Our dog is very important to our family so he was along for the trip. The lodge allowed him to stay for a 50.00 fee which we were happy to pay. The rooms have a microwave and refridge, but other than that kind of plain rooms. There is an indoor poor that looked nice. We spent some time in the lounge that has an area for the family plus adult beverages and large tv's to watch games. Liked how the main area lead to the walking trails and dog park. The is a small firepit outdoors to warm up on chilly evenings! We thought great for the small price!

Room Tip: Stay away for rooms right by pool area..kind of loud!
  • Stayed February 2012, traveled with family
Thanks for you belated review, I notice it was in February. I'm glad to hear your dog enjoyed his stay and his experience at the dog park located just about a block from the hotel. Our paved outdoor walking / jogging path surrounds the hotel and the adjacent Links at Sierra Blanca golf course, as you noticed, and dogs are welcome to accompany their owners on the path. Come stay with us again soon!
Sacramento, California, United States
Reviewed August 24, 2012

I spent four nights at the lodge and my experience was incredible. We stayed in the King Sweet, it has a cozy fire place, a kitchen, and a nice patio with an amazing view. I loved watching the golfers play in the morning while sitting in the back patio and the hot tub is large and very relaxing. The omelets are made right in front of you and are scrumptious! The staff is genuinely friendly and helpful with information on things to do in Ruidoso. My favorite part was just walking into The Lodge, it is beautiful!

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with friends
Thank you for taking time to review your recent stay at the Lodge. We appreciate your many comments & compliments and we're especially happy that you had a great vacation experience!
Hobbs, New Mexico
Reviewed August 24, 2012

My family traveled to Ruidoso, NM, in July and had a wonderful stay at The Lodge at Sierra Blanca! The staff was friendly and accommodating, the room was simply amazing, and the view was spectacular! Our room had a full kitchen and living area, a balcony perfect for sipping early morning coffee and a huge bathroom. We cannot wait for another opportunity to stay at this wonderful hotel!

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
LodgeAtSierraBlanca, General Manager at MCM Elegante Lodge & Resort, responded to this review, October 24, 2012
Thank you for your review and comments about your stay at The Lodge. It's refreshing to hear that you had a great stay. Sometimes it is the simplest things like enjoying early morning coffee on your balcony that makes a great vacation. We hope you can return and stay with us often!
El Paso, Texas
Reviewed August 22, 2012

The Lodge at Sierra Blanca reminds me of the Inn of the Mountain Gods, but with better service. The receptionist that I booked my room with was a joy to speak with (Linda). She was extremely helpful and courteous. We stayed in the executive suite. It had two bedrooms, a huge bathroom, a living room, and a full kitchen. We went swimming, and thoroughly enjoyed the pool and hot tub. The breakfast buffet was very good. They even have an omelet bar. Alfredo the chef did a great job making the omelets. Its a two or three minute drive from the Ruidoso strip. I highly recommend The Lodge.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple
LodgeAtSierraBlanca, General Manager at MCM Elegante Lodge & Resort, responded to this review, August 23, 2012
Thank you for the review of your recent stay and for the great comments. I have shared your compliments of our staff; Lynda and Alfredo say "thanks" for the compliments. We are thrilled that you had a great experience at the Lodge. We hope to see you again soon!
Ruidoso
Reviewed August 20, 2012

As a local I don’t often spend a night in a hotel in my home town but I was attending a party hosted at The Lodge so I booked a room and had a marvelous time. The event was perfect and the outside patio was a great venue. The room itself surprised me as I had no idea how very nice it would be. It had a kitchen, balcony, and even a fireplace. It was a great value and a lovely stay.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with friends
LodgeAtSierraBlanca, General Manager at MCM Elegante Lodge & Resort, responded to this review, August 24, 2012
Thank you for your review. I'm pleased that you attended an event at the Lodge and had a good experience. We are proud of our outside patio and fire pit area- it's a great space to barbeque or just lounge around with cocktails by the fire pit in the evening. Come stay with us again soon!
Texas
Reviewed August 9, 2012

I really enjoyed this hotel. The indor swimming pool and hot tub were really nice. There was a hotel store next the front office. The breakfast buffet was great. The hotel features a full service bar. The only thing that I didn't like was the mattress that I slept on. It wad hard and uncomfortble.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
Thank you for taking the time to review your recent stay at the Lodge. I'm pleased that you enjoyed your stay and all the services and amenities at the hotel. Please come see us again soon!