“Best green chili soup - ever”
Review of Blue Goose Cafe - CLOSED

Blue Goose Cafe
Cuisines: American, Soups
Dining options: Breakfast, Lunch, Outdoor Seating
Dining options: Breakfast, Lunch, Outdoor Seating
texas
“Best green chili soup - ever”
Reviewed February 2, 2014

I have tried several items from their menu and have never found anything that was not delicious. They have great chicken salad and spicy pimento cheese. Everything here is delicious.

Visited August 2013

“Still Tasty and Great Location”
Reviewed January 22, 2014

The location just off the main street in midtown Ruidoso is terrific, and easy walking distance toward the Rio Ruidoso. This is a hidden treasure of a lunch restaurant, nicely decorated and with good service.

My chicken salad sandwich on a croissant was tasty as usual. Other sandwiches looked good as they were delivered to other tables, but this is a favorite. Their French Onion soup is also very good.

• Visited January 2014
1 Thank wildwoodsm
Truth or Consequences, New Mexico
“We Drive from Truth or Consequences to have Lunch at the Blue Goose Cafe”
Reviewed January 13, 2014

We hadn't seen the menu or reviews for the Blue Goose so we really didn't know what to expect and we were amazed. It's a first-class cafe and we are so excited to go back for the third time. It's worth the trip from Truth or Consequences !!!

• Visited July 2013
2 Thank CindyBellelli
Elk Grove, California
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“just WOW....loved it!!”
Reviewed January 4, 2014

it really surprises me that a few people have given bad reviews for this place. I do find it interesting that the negative reviews were the time management skills of the reviewers. Yes, a very popular and sometimes very busy restaurant will take a few extra minutes folks.....that's standard in ANY restaurant.
Having said that....I was more than impressed with every category in this wonderful place. Atmosphere, food, help and choices were above average. in comparison, it's easy to spend over 10+ dollars at a fast food place...why bother, it's worth every penny here at Blue Goose.

in closing, this is a lovely little place with great food, great service and great atmosphere. Go visit and see for yourself.

• Visited November 2013
1 Thank Michael U
San Antonio, Texas
“Average”
Reviewed November 16, 2013

I wanted to like this place; it's a tidy, pleasant little sandwich shop. However, though the food looked good, it really didn't wow at all. I had the French onion soup, which was very salty, tasted right out of the can, and had sliced cheese semi-melted on top (it was not very hot). My husband's brisket sandwich was better, though the bread was bland. My mother's chicken chile soup was not hot so she asked them to heat it up and they brought her a new cup, which was nice. Though the consistency looked too thick to me, she said the flavor was good. My father's egg salad sandwich was nothing special. I think I would have been better off with a sandwich. Service was friendly.

• Visited November 2013