“Nice lunch place”

Dining options: Brunch, Lunch, Outdoor Seating, Seating, Takeout
Midland, Texas
“Nice lunch place”
Reviewed June 24, 2013

I had a turkey sandwich with potato salad and my wife had chicken salad with chips. Sandwich had ample meat...the potato salad was cold and good, but a bit bland. Wife said chicken salad was very good. Good place to go if you are shopping all the shops on Sudderth.

Visited June 2013

Ruidoso, New Mexico
“Average”
Reviewed June 12, 2013

Good atmosphere and service. Average sandwiches. Thin on the fillings and cheese. No kraut on my New Yorker. Slaw had odd seasoning. Brought guests, I was a little embarrassed.

• Visited June 2013
1 Thank MountainFreser
Santa Fe, New Mexico, United States
“looks better that it is”
Reviewed May 28, 2013

We had an early lunch at Blue Goose. The setting is nice, but the sandwiches (egg salad and chicken salad) where skimpy on the filling, but heavy on the bread which did not seem particularly fresh. Cole slaw and potato salad were tasty. Nothing to write home about here.

• Visited May 2013
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Favorite lunch in ruidoso”
Reviewed May 23, 2013

I absolutely love the blue goose! Its a quaint little cafe off the beaten path. I'm not surprised its as busy as it is. The restaurant is very clean. They have a patio which is where I always sit. The food is amazing! The chicken salad threw me at first because it has grapes but it tasted fantastic! They have a mexican caesar salad that is out of this world! They make all their own dressings. Oh my gosh the deserts! I love the pecan pie! They have the best hibiscus rasberry tea! The owner is usually there and loves to chat. The service is great. Everyone is always smiling and friendly. Occasionally I've had to wait for a refill on my tea but the way people pour in there I'm not at all surprised. I can tell the staff takes pride in where they work and that is hard to find. I could go on and on but do yourself a favor and try the blue goose when your in ruidoso. It is by far my favorite place to dine in ruidoso.

• Visited June 2012
Keller, Texas
“food is really good, service kinda sucked.”
Reviewed May 20, 2013

I have to say, that we have eaten here a few times, and the food is always good. I love the chicken salad on croissant, usually split this and a greek salad with the hubby. I've also had french onion soup that was fine, nothing spectacular but good, cobb salad that was yummy (but hated the blue cheese dressing, tasted like bottled dressing, they should make their own in a place like this). If your really hungry try the triple decker, or better yet split it and a salad with a friend, huge, and it is full of meat.

That being said, service is very lackluster to say the least, just on the verge of being unfriendly. We have eaten here 4 times in 2 yrs, so you would think that service would be good atleast once. It was "efficient" but that is being as nice as possible. NO smiles, no chatting, very "what can i get you" kind of service. If you want a refill you pretty much need to be prepared to flag someone down or get up and ask the front counter. It's not a big place, very small actually, so unless your sitting outside it shouldnt be hard to see your tea is empty. That being said for Ruidoso, its a good lunch. We like to lunch here or at the Catlle Baron which isn't worth it at dinner, but is worth it at lunch. Ruidoso is always expensive to dine in, but for the money, under 20 bucks for lunch usually, you walk away full.

• Visited September 2012