“I Have to Agree”

Cuisines: Mexican
Good for: Families with children, Special occasions, Local cuisine
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch
Reviewed March 31, 2010

This is one of the best in Ruidoso. As a 30 year resident and a foodie, I must say that El Comal has some of the best food in Ruidoso.

Reviewed February 6, 2010

From the moment we walked in we were greeted with sincere friendliness. The place is well decorated and the atmosphere is relaxing. Everything on the menu is made from scratch and is to die for. The salsa and guacamole is the best I ever tasted.

We ran into the owner at a silent auction event the next night and he talked to us like we were friends. Great food, relaxing atmosphere and genuine friendliness. We will always go back!

1  Thank CrabbyKing93
Reviewed January 27, 2010

The name of this place is actually Comal.. It is in the Gazebo Shopping Center on Sudderth. If it's a little hard to find, believe me it's worth it. In this totally family-run restaurant , the dad cooks everything made to order-- you can watch him cook in the immaculate little kitchen. The rellenos were tender and divine, and taco shells were fried up fresh when he made the taco. The place is bigger than it looks because they have a big back room.
Can't wait to go back to Ruidoso and try some Comal enchiladas and tamales!

Reviewed December 28, 2009

Please try El Comal. It's tiny and funky, but the food and the service are great. Better than most of the Mexican restaurants in Albuquerque or Santa Fe. A true hidden gem.

Reviewed December 22, 2009

My husband and I ate here when we were in Ruidoso for my birthday after the two reviews on tripadvisor. They have the BEST homemade salsa. Actually, everything was homemade and made to order. This is a new restaurant according to our waiter. You have to try it. You will not be disappointed. Can't wait to go back next time we are in town