“Delicious ! Authentic !”
Review of El Comal

El Comal
Ranked #21 of 90 Restaurants in Ruidoso
Cuisines: Mexican
Good for: Families with children, Local cuisine, Special occasions
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner
Reviewed March 15, 2013

We stopped in for lunch today after reading great reviews from YELP. We were very happy with our experience. The hot sauce is homemade with roasted chiles . Spicy ... In a good way.
They have a variety of choices on the menu, including a daily special.
We've eaten at almost all of the other Mexican restaurants in town and El Comal is by far the most authentic and delicious! Another review stated that prices are high. I don't consider a 3 enchilada plate with rice and beans for &7.95 expensive. We had 2 entrees , tea, mexican coke AND a yummy sopapilla for just over $20. What a bargain!
They are a little hard to find.. In a mini shopping mall tucked in the corner.
But, don't give up.... It's worth the hunt!

2  Thank CyndyJoy

Reviewed March 10, 2013

Parking is a little tight and the entrance is tucked away. The menu options are simple and a bit pricey, but it's expected because of the area. Red cheese enchilladas were pretty good, but not enough food was served for the price. The red chile was delicious. The interior decor is sort of thrown together. The tea was almost water, but they do have a reasonable selection of sodas. Kids portions are very small for the price. If dining alone, it's "ok". Do not take kids there. Not worth the price nor tight sitting space.

Reviewed February 14, 2013

This place is delicious! I usually never even write reviews, but this place deserves to be heard about. Let me begin by telling you that I judge Mexican restaurants by the way the chips, salsa and rice taste. All 3 are great at this joint! Their green chili and rellenos are soo good too. I don't usually travel to Ruidoso much it was more of a stop by on my way to Alamogordo, but best believe I will definately stop by again if I'm close by.

1  Thank Joseph M
Reviewed February 7, 2013

If you enjoy those random Mexican joints that take Mexican more seriously than Velveeta enchiladas, Comal will suit you. The fact that they have enmoladas on their regular menu speaks volumes; it should go without saying the mole is tasty! Eclectic collection of birdhouses in the back patio and garden area makes for a unique atmosphere, especially during spring and summer.

3  Thank bryanlewis5
Reviewed January 11, 2013 via mobile

Dont arrive few minutes before closing....you will get turned away. I was quite excited to try this restaurant but got met with a see you later...not so...we will not get to try this restaurant