“Didn't actually get to ride here”
Review of Grindstone Stables

Grindstone Stables
More attraction details
Owner description: One hour guided horseback rides for the whole family! Please call for prices and reservations.
London, United Kingdom
8 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 175 helpful votes
“Didn't actually get to ride here”
Reviewed November 5, 2012

I didn't know what review rating to give as we never actually got to ride here. On Tuesday 11th September at around 10am we drove down to the stables to make a reservation for a ride for my partner and myself, but there were 2 signs on the gate (wish I'd taken a photo). One saying "Open" and one next to it saying "Closed". As the barred gate was across the track leading to the stables we took notice of the one saying closed and turned around. Call before you go to make sure they're open is my recommendation. I've given a "poor" rating due to the confusing signage and lack of explanation.

Visited September 2012
1 Thank Fussyminx
grindstonehorses, Owner at Grindstone Stables, responded to this review, November 13, 2012
I'm am sorry we were not available for you to ride during you visit. We have historically only been open during the summer months, but have recently started opening on Sat and Sun during the "off season". The gates are shut when the business is closed, and phone number is provided to obtain more information. Walk-ins are welcome, but reservations are recommended to insure availability. I apologize again for not being able to accommodate you, and I hope in the future we are able to take you out on a ride.

New Mexico
13 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 23 helpful votes
“Fun and relaxing!”
Reviewed October 31, 2012

My husband and I decided to give horseback riding a try and found out about Grindstone Stables from Tripadvisor, and we are glad we did. It was 30 bucks per horse (plus a nice tip at the end for the guides), and the ride lasted about an hour, which I think is well-worth it. The trail is really pretty and you get some great views. The guides are friendly and help you to get the hang of riding a horse if you're not very experienced (we are not!). I think for the price, the time spent, and the relaxing mountain air you get to take in, it is definitely something you should try. We plan to return and bring the kiddos next time, they would love it.

Visited October 2012
1 Thank 5pyrates
Santa Fe, New Mexico
5 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 30 helpful votes
“Fun, fun, fun!”
Reviewed September 24, 2012

Great value and wonderful people...you will not go wrong here! We were not experienced riders, but they treated us well and we had a great time!

Visited June 2012
Wichita Falls, Texas, United States
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 4 helpful votes
“WE WILL GO BACK!”
Reviewed September 1, 2012

This was the highlight of our trip. We loved the cowboys, especially Squirrel. He is one of a kind! My little one rode with her Daddy and my big girl rode a horse by herself for the very first time. The views were INCREDIBLE. $120 for our three horses INCLUDING A GOOD TIP but well worth it. We loved it and the girls are still talking about it!

Visited August 2012
Albuquerque, New Mexico
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 2 helpful votes
“Excellent stables friendly staff”
Reviewed August 28, 2012

We have used the Grindstone Stables twice and had a wonderful experience both times. The staff is very friendly and helpful. The trial ride is beautiful.

Visited May 2012