“Unscrupulous” 1 of 5 stars

Ranked #20 of 23 Hotels in Ruidoso
Alto, New Mexico
“Unscrupulous”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 18, 2012

We were evacuated during the Little Bear fire. It was the middle of the night. We were scared and needed a place to collect ourselves for the rest of the night. We were charged $85.00 for a room in which the electrical connection most likely broke every fire code. There was not hot water in the morning. Later I found that they typically charge $55.00. Obviously, this man was taking advantage of people in need. The lowest of the low.

Room Tip: Find a different motel.
  • Stayed June 2012, traveled with family
      Location
      Sleep Quality
7 Thank judyep

Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (2)
New Mexico
1 of 5 stars Reviewed May 29, 2005

When we checked in, our toilet would not work and the curtain in the room was barely hanging up. The shower had VERY little hot water and was very difficult to operate. The room was not very clean. The icing on the cake was the towels that had "Hampton Inn" on them. I felt the room was extremely overpriced for the condition we found it in. I would recommend people traveling to Ruidoso look elsewhere if they want a quality hotel.

• Stayed May 2005
7 Thank Herculeez

Travelers are raving about these Ruidoso hotels

Hobbs, NM
1 of 5 stars Reviewed May 29, 2005

First, don't believe Economy Inn's advertising that their rooms average at about $40 a night. For three people to stay in one small room for one night, we were charged $153. When booking the room, we knew that we didn't need luxury accomodations, but we at least expected the basic necessities (beds, hot water and electricity) especially for the overblown price. Upon arrival, we immediately discovered that the toilet wasn't working (the water wasn't even turned on) and that quite a few of the electrical outlets didn't work, either. The floor needed to be vacuumed and the room smelled musty. Upon waking the next morning, we also found that the shower was absurdly difficult to work (the strange fixtures were like nothing neither my companions nor I had ever seen before) and there was no hot water. Even after letting the water run for 45 minutes (we were afraid to turn off the shower in fear of not being able to get it working again) there was NO HOT WATER. It was ALMOST LUKEWARM at best. But there is some comic relief in my review: although we didn't get enough towels, some of the ones we did have were embroidered with the "The Hampton Inn Suites."

• Stayed May 2005
14 Thank Severess
A TripAdvisor Member
1 of 5 stars Reviewed February 16, 2004

I reserved a room in advance at Economy Inn for a holiday weekend using my credit card to secure the room. When I arrived at the motel the office was closed with a note on the door stating "be back in 30 minutes" with no indication of when they left and a phone number to call. When I called the number I was told that my room had been given to someone else and they had no other vacancies. I was left stranded as I was unable to find a vacancy at any other hotel in town due to the holiday. I had to turn around and drive back home. I would strongly discourage anyone to count on their reservations being honored at this motel. This was a very small motel and I was not treated with any measure of courtesy or professionalism.

33 Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Also consider these accommodations in or near Ruidoso
Quality Inn & Suites
Super 8 Ruidoso
Super 8 Ruidoso
#18 of 23 in Ruidoso
3.0 of 5 stars 186 reviews

Been to Economy Inn? Share your experiences!