“This place is fun!”

Ranked #15 of 31 things to do in Ruidoso
More attraction details
Owner description: Casino located at the Ruidoso Downs.
Reviewed May 30, 2014

This is a tiny casino and doesn't pay well, but I still like it. It's fun to be around the horse racing activity. If you eat in the little bar right outside the casino, you can watch horse racing from all over. This is, after all, where we watched Mine that Bird win the derby at 50 to 1 odds! Lots of friendly people work here and it is a treat to be able to walk over to the racetrack and see the horses.

Reviewed May 9, 2014

I was not impressed with this casino, if you're visiting the area your better off going to the bigger casinos (Apache, Inn of the Mountain Gods).

Reviewed March 1, 2014

Standard casino but nicely kept. For new signups there is a bonus in slot money which is always a nice perk. Enjoyed my brief stop there even though I didn't come away a huge winner!

1  Thank Trickstersawpix
Reviewed February 12, 2014

Every time we go to the seafood buffet we leave smiling and happy. Yes smaller buffet and wait staff can be a little under staffed. But my god all you can eat! Lobster and if it runs out give them a few minutes and its restocked again. Shrimp peel and eat as well as fried, oysters on a half shell, prime rib with crab legs too..! For 20 bucks the food makes the experience all worth it..people that have an issue there would have issue any where!

3  Thank flyguy2014
Reviewed December 31, 2013

Billy the Kid Casino was recommended to us by a local. There was an all you can eat seafood buffet (i know) and a casino. I didn't get the buffet, but the prime rib special. It was HORRIBLE. I didn't dare eat more than a few bites - as I was certain I would be chucking it up later. My husband did eat a lot of lobster from the buffet and seemed no worse for wear. Went to the casino and was equally disappointed. Just a bunch of slot machines and automated black jack tables. I've had more fun on cruise ship casinos. The horses were not running, but I would imagine that might be worth a trip back.