New! Find and book your ideal hotel on TripAdvisor — and get the lowest prices

“This place is fun!” 3 of 5 stars
Review of Billy The Kid Casino

Ranked #14 of 31 things to do in Ruidoso
More attraction details
Owner description: Casino located at the Ruidoso Downs.
Aztec, New Mexico, United States
5 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 30 helpful votes
“This place is fun!”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 30, 2014

This is a tiny casino and doesn't pay well, but I still like it. It's fun to be around the horse racing activity. If you eat in the little bar right outside the casino, you can watch horse racing from all over. This is, after all, where we watched Mine that Bird win the derby at 50 to 1 odds! Lots of friendly people work here and it is a treat to be able to walk over to the racetrack and see the horses.

Visited April 2014

El Paso, Texas
8 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 3 helpful votes
“Very small casino”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed May 9, 2014

I was not impressed with this casino, if you're visiting the area your better off going to the bigger casinos (Apache, Inn of the Mountain Gods).

Visited April 2014
Lubbock
49 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 131 helpful votes
“It's a Casino! But Fun!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 1, 2014

Standard casino but nicely kept. For new signups there is a bonus in slot money which is always a nice perk. Enjoyed my brief stop there even though I didn't come away a huge winner!

Visited February 2014
1 Thank Trickstersawpix
Ruidoso, New Mexico
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 3 helpful votes
“People please”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 12, 2014

Every time we go to the seafood buffet we leave smiling and happy. Yes smaller buffet and wait staff can be a little under staffed. But my god all you can eat! Lobster and if it runs out give them a few minutes and its restocked again. Shrimp peel and eat as well as fried, oysters on a half shell, prime rib with crab legs too..! For 20 bucks the food makes the experience all worth it..people that have an issue there would have issue any where!

Visited February 2014
3 Thank flyguy2014
San Antonio, Texas
4 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 8 helpful votes
“Don't bother.”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed December 31, 2013

Billy the Kid Casino was recommended to us by a local. There was an all you can eat seafood buffet (i know) and a casino. I didn't get the buffet, but the prime rib special. It was HORRIBLE. I didn't dare eat more than a few bites - as I was certain I would be chucking it up later. My husband did eat a lot of lobster from the buffet and seemed no worse for wear. Went to the casino and was equally disappointed. Just a bunch of slot machines and automated black jack tables. I've had more fun on cruise ship casinos. The horses were not running, but I would imagine that might be worth a trip back.

Visited December 2013