“The Gem of Ruidoso”

Spencer Theater for the Performing Arts
Ranked #5 of 32 things to do in Ruidoso
More attraction details
Owner description: A 514-seat landmark performing arts center near Ruidoso, NM, designed by Antoine Predock featuring a major touring Broadway, dance or musical performance, on the average, every 11 days year round. Four major glass installations by Dale Chihuly. Tours Tue & Thu at 10 a.m.
Reviewed April 2, 2014

We have been to a few shows at the Spencer Theater and we always enjoy them. It's a smallish theater so there really are no bad seats. If you are attending a show like West Side Story be sure to get a seat in the first row in the balcony. The view is spectacular. They have a fully stocked bar to get a drink before the show and you can pre-order your drinks for the intermission. Then, you just go to the bar and grab your drink without having to wait. The price of tickets is very reasonable and we are looking forward to attending more shows in the future.

Reviewed January 14, 2014

I went to the Spencer Theater to see the Broadway Revisited show. Not only was it a truly spectacular performance featuring the stars of real broadway shows(Phantom of the Opera for instance), but I got an excellent seat at a fair price since I had reserved ahead of time. I came in the wrong entrance to happen across the roll call booth, but the friendly staff quickly directed me to the place where I could claim my ticket. The bartender not only made me a delicious White Russian, but even offered to have another one waiting for me during intermission! I thought that was a wonderful idea, so I pre-paid for it and she had it on the counter with my name on it when I returned an hour later. The acoustics in the room were incredible and I had a fantastic experience!

Reviewed October 10, 2013

I attended two performances and thoroughly enjoyed the ambiance, acoustics, and seating. The buffet wasn't particularly tasty; but it was filling and at the theatre site.

Reviewed October 10, 2013

The show was fantastic and the building itself was awesome. The people who were working were so helpful and so friendly. This was our first visit to the Spencer Theater but we will be coming back again

Reviewed September 18, 2013

We have been to the Spencer Theater eight or nine times and loved it every time. The place itself is worth seeing - full of beautiful art glass - and they offer a tour of the entire theater that is well worth your time. The shows we have seen there have all been great and we generally have dinner before the show which has always been very good. If you are in Ruidoso, I highly recommend you attend a performance at the Spencer.