“Real culture in small-town USA”

Spencer Theater for the Performing Arts
Ranked #2 of 31 things to do in Ruidoso
More attraction details
Owner description: A 514-seat landmark performing arts center near Ruidoso, NM, designed by Antoine Predock featuring a major touring Broadway, dance or musical performance, on the average, every 11 days year round. Four major glass installations by Dale Chihuly. Tours Tue & Thu at 10 a.m.
“Real culture in small-town USA”
Reviewed January 14, 2014 via mobile

I went to the Spencer Theater to see the Broadway Revisited show. Not only was it a truly spectacular performance featuring the stars of real broadway shows(Phantom of the Opera for instance), but I got an excellent seat at a fair price since I had reserved ahead of time. I came in the wrong entrance to happen across the roll call booth, but the friendly staff quickly directed me to the place where I could claim my ticket. The bartender not only made me a delicious White Russian, but even offered to have another one waiting for me during intermission! I thought that was a wonderful idea, so I pre-paid for it and she had it on the counter with my name on it when I returned an hour later. The acoustics in the room were incredible and I had a fantastic experience!

Visited November 2013

Albuquerque, New Mexico
9 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 32 helpful votes
“excellent venue”
Reviewed October 10, 2013

I attended two performances and thoroughly enjoyed the ambiance, acoustics, and seating. The buffet wasn't particularly tasty; but it was filling and at the theatre site.

Visited September 2013
Andrews, Texas
“Awesome night out”
Reviewed October 10, 2013

The show was fantastic and the building itself was awesome. The people who were working were so helpful and so friendly. This was our first visit to the Spencer Theater but we will be coming back again

Visited August 2013
Georgetown, Texas, United States
8 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 20 helpful votes
“An evening at the Spencer”
Reviewed September 18, 2013

We have been to the Spencer Theater eight or nine times and loved it every time. The place itself is worth seeing - full of beautiful art glass - and they offer a tour of the entire theater that is well worth your time. The shows we have seen there have all been great and we generally have dinner before the show which has always been very good. If you are in Ruidoso, I highly recommend you attend a performance at the Spencer.

Visited August 2013
Middletown, Ohio
9 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 18 helpful votes
“Highschool Memories”
Reviewed September 2, 2013

I traveled here in 10th grade with my Drama class and we had so much fun. I cant wait to take my kids there to watch some shows this December. I just wish there were cheaper tickets especially for the children venues. All in all I love Spencer!

Visited December 2012