Leopard Hills Private Game Reserve
SUN1 Pretoria(Pretoria)(Great Value!)
$41
Fortis Hotel Capital(Pretoria)(Great Value!)
$94
Agoda.com
Morning Star Express Hotel(Pretoria)(Great Value!)
$65
Arcadia Hotel(Pretoria)
$88
$58
  • Restaurant
All reviewsplunge poolour honeymoonwatering holefleece lined ponchossafari experiencebedtime storysabi sandsperfect holidayanti poachingsouth africasafari goersevery mealamazing wildlifeprivate game reserveexceeded all expectationsevery single personbaby lions
FilterAll languages
Reviewed April 1, 2007

I can't believe that I have neglected to do a review on my very favorite place ever. My husband and I got married at Leopard Hills in May 2003. We were the first people to have a wedding there and the staff at Leopard Hills went above and beyond our expectations. Not only were our accommodations fabulous and quite luxurious for the bush, the food was great, staff was wonderful and best of all the wildlife viewing was amazing! We cannot wait to return for a special anniversary present to ourselves. Any other trip we take now pales in comparison. Africa really gets to your heart and you won't be the same person. We saw lions, leopards, rhino, elephants, etc on all of our game drives. No disappointment whatsoever. This place to me is far better than Singita because it is much smaller and much more personal. You feel like you become part of the family for a few nights. Truly Heaven On Earth! We will for sure be returning very soon.

• Stayed: May 2003, traveled as a couple
    • Check in / front desk
3  Thank jlh67
Reviewed January 17, 2007

We spent 4 nights at Leopard Hills in late November. The lodge was absolutely fantastic, the service exemplary and the staff just terrific, we even had lovely co-guests to enjoy the amazing game drives with.

Our rooms were spacious, luxurious and very clean. The bed was really comfortable and the room was spacious with a separate seating area. There was a small fridge with tea and coffee making facilities and a well stocked mini-bar. Outside was a glorious plunge pool (though a little too cold to do more than dangle a toe in the water!).

The food was of an excellent standard and well presented with good choice - there was so much of it, we often skipped lunch.

Of course, the main reason for coming somewhere like this is the game viewing which was absolutely stunning. We saw so much we were practically tripping over the animals. Our ranger, Marius and guide, Abraham with their knowledge and enthusiasm made all the drives informative, interesting and great fun. We were lucky to see all the "Big 5" in our first two game drives and also some unique sights - watching lions being chased off a kill by a pack of hyenas was incredible as was the gang of 6 male lions roaring in the night while we watched in amazement. There were plentiful sightings of leopard, cheetah, elephants, infact everything you could hope to see. The bird watching was also plentiful and Marius taught us a lot about the animals and their behaviour. Leopard Hills is a very special place.

4  Thank Izzy21
Reviewed January 3, 2007

Leopard Hills was an experience like no other! After staying at the amazing Cape Grace in Cape Town, I thought I would be ruined for life for any other accommodation. Leopard Hills exceeded my expectations. Every detail is considered to assure that your safari experience is amazing. I wouldn't change a thing. Wonderful people, staff, spa, food...I can't wait to return!

1  Thank susanca
Reviewed November 2, 2006

This is a very well-managed lodge with just eight luxury suites and a lot of attention to the small details. The accomodations are large with comfortable beds and seating, a bathroom with double shower (plus another one outside), a big bathtub and double sinks. The clincher is the suite's large and totally private deck with lounge chairs and a private plunge pool overlooking the bush. I was happy to share our pool with the brightly-coloured birds that stop by to drink and bathe. The food is very good with the same attention to detail and nicely presented out on the terrace or in the boma with fires and torches blazing. And then you have the game. Ranger are committed to showing you the best (yes they are somewhat competitve with each other) and we saw, wonderfully close, lion and leopard(with young) as well as all the browsers and grazers and much to my husband's delight a spitting cobra. The ranger take their jobs but not themselves seriously, a great combination. In late September it was cold enough, early morning and night, to require warm jackets on the drives but warm enough to eat outside without them ... perfect!

One unfortunate note is that a nearby lodge, Ulasaba, has enough outside light to be worthy of the Las Vegas strip. This ruins the beauty of the African night sky on the way back from game drives. The owner's name being on the game vehicles was just funny, all that light was not! More ego than eco there.

• Stayed: September 2006, traveled as a couple
    • Check in / front desk
4  Thank Trippinbrit
Reviewed September 27, 2006

For our honeymoon, my husband and I stayed at Leopard Hills for a week. The rooms, the food, the staff, everything is excellent. We have stayed at other game reserves and none come close to the experience we had at Leopard Hills. We saw unbelieveable animals and had amazing encounters with them. The Rangers truly love what they do, and it shows. This place is a must!