My wife and I stayed at Lion Sands Ivory Lodge for five nights this past September. We started our trip on the Skeleton Coast in Namibia, then to the Okavango Delta in Botswana, finishing up at the high-end of the camp spectrum at Ivory Lodge. Past reviewers of Ivory Lodge have been quite glowing in their reviews and we totally agree with them. This was one of the most exquisite experiences of our lives. As other reviewers have noted, the facility was luxurious. Malcolm, the chef, was extraordinary. His marinated wart hog, for example, was a culinary delight we did not expect. Be sure to check out the wine cellar underneath the bar. Very nice. The game drives were always adventurous and fruitful. Even from the deck of our cottage we saw lion walking down by the river, herds of over 30 elephants watering and wading, many hippos, and on and on. Other reviewers have already extolled the virtues of Ivory Lodge so there’s no sense repeating those virtues again but, suffice it to say, the Ivory Lodge is a dream destination. It is true that tipping was a bit on the high side but the higher tips were worth it to us - - the service folks don’t make huge wages yet they provide huge service. We felt comfortable in tipping commensurate with the service. Great service, great tips.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Family owned since 1933, this international award winning private game reserve spans across the world famous Sabi Sand Game Reserve and Kruger National Park. Lion Sands has four lodges; Lion Sands Ivory Lodge & Lion Sands River Lodge (Sabi Sand) and Lion Sands Tinga Lodge & Lion Sands Narina Lodge (Kruger Park). Each has a unique style, but is a reflection of Lion Sands' five-star signature of sophisticated interiors, unique experiences and service excellence. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Cancelon and MrandMrsSmith so you can book your Lion Sands Ivory Lodge reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Lion Sands Ivory Hotel Sabi Sand Game Reserve
- Lion Sands Ivory Lodge South Africa/Sabi Sand Game Reserve