My Mum & I travelled to South Africa for 15 days. We spent our last 4 days at Leadwood Lodge. In summary - WOW! The whole trip was wonderful but Leadwood was the icing on the cake. It was a soul filling, mind blowing, exhilirating, amazing experience!
The highlight of course are the animals. We saw so many! Tracking lions & leopards, sitting with the leopard & her cub, the zebra, the giraffe, the elephants ...... it never ended. The day Colbert picked us up from the airstrip, sitting at the lodge entrance to welcome us was a lion with 4 lioness. What a start! Could it get any better? you bet! Mac & Colbert are the most sensational team. we can't begin to thank them enough for showing us their beautiful bush & their wildlife. Mac's passion is infectious. Mac has a beautiful, warm, gentle nature & Colbert just quietly goes about finding & seeing things that we don't know how the heck he did it! Thank you both for the privilege of sharing your truck & giving us a life changing experience.
Now the lodge itself. Sensational! Aarone our butler - love you babe! Aarone is so funny, so attentive & so unobtrusive. He never invaded our space but was always there when needed (even to remove the green tree snake from our deck!) Malebo - you are beautiful! your gentleness & serenity made us just melt. Sunny Boy & Gift - thanks for the great food. And Sunny Boy - your quiet sense of humour is wonderful. To all the unseen staff who kept everything ticking over - you are magic people who made our stay feel like we were at home.
Overall it has been the most wonderful holiday we have ever had. And whoever the CEO is of &Beyond we hope you read these reviews & see just how wonderful your staff are.
Thank you to everyone at Leadwood for allowing us to visit your home.
PS Mac - good luck with the speedy drive you'll be making in March! Hope all goes well.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Nestled in the fork of the Sand and Mabrak Rivers, andBeyond Leadwood Lodge offers a cosy and serene getaway completely at peace with the bush that surrounds it. With suites carefully distanced from each other, andBeyond Leadwood is ideal for families or parties of friends who want to share their safari experience without intruding on each other's privacy. ... more less
- Also Known As:
- &Beyond Leadwood Hotel Sabi Sand Game Reserve
- And Beyond Leadwood Lodge
- Dulini Leadwood Lodge South Africa/Sabi Sand Game Reserve