We booked our South African safari through Kanyezi Africa Safari company and this included five nights at the Chitwa Chitwa lodge in the Sabi Sands game reserve. The excellent service started on our arrival to the lodge with the greeting from the staff and the management team. Claudia and Leon (the general managers) would meet our game safari each evening with a surprise African cocktail. We had lunch everyday on our deck overlooking the lake and the hippos, impala and waterbuck would keep us entertained. We also arranged for a private dinner in our lodge by the fireplace to celebrate our anniversary and every request was met with 5 star service. From the breakfast with cappuccino's to the afternoon tea with excellent desserts all aspects of the food was wonderful. The only improvement is that the menu repeats itself after four days (I guess most visitors only stay three days) and the private plunge pool is not heated in the winter. We loved our stay at Chitwa Chitwa!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Originally a private retreat of the Brink family, Chitwa Chitwa was transformed by Charl into an oasis of conservation and harmony. His dedicated holistic approach and wise land management are aimed at the handing of an uncontaminated African paradise to the future generations. In 1991 Charl and Maria Brink created Chitwa Chitwa Private Game Lodge, today a jewel of South African hospitality and an emblem of the savannas most authentic and refined luxury. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with South African Hotels so you can book your Chitwa Chitwa Private Game Reserve reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Chitwa Chitwa Private Game Reserve Hotel Sabi Sand Game Reserve
- Chitwa Chitwa Private Game Reserve South Africa/Sabi Sand Game Reserve