We spent two nights here in early October for our honeymoon and it was perfect. We flew JFK-JNB direct, then a short layover and the short flight from JNB-Nelspruit. From there, it was about 2 hour drive to arrive at the lodge. From the moment we got there, we were treated like royalty. Reply is the man. The staff will go above and beyond to make your stay amazing. The lodge has only a small number of rooms, and each suite is set apart to ensure privacy. We were in suite 1, which I recommend since its on the end. The suites themselves are extremely luxurious and the pictures on the website don't even begin to do it justice. The bar is always fully stocked with whatever you like. Game drives were at 530 AM and 430 PM. The vehicle situation is good b/c they have two trucks, which ensures that at most there will be 6 people in the truck. Barry and Martin were our guides - they were tremendous. The lodge is located in the sabi sand game reserve and there are some other vehicles that you will encounter during your drives, but overall it does not feel over-crowded. During our stay, we saw lions, rhinos, leopards, elephants, wildebeest, etc. The game viewing overall is phenomenal. The drives last for 3 hours approximately and sometimes you stop for coffee/sundowners in the bush which is an amazing experience. There are other surprises that the staff will do for you during your stay, but I won't spoil them here in the review. Overall, the stay was amazing and we highly recommend it to anyone. For honeymooners, it was perfect.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Under a leafy canopy of ebony trees, six luxurious stone cottages grace the banks of the Mabrak River. As one of only 12 guests, you feel instantly at home in this quiet retreat, where classic interiors enfold guests in quiet style and elegance. Generous private plunge pools and shady decks look out onto the dry riverbed. Large, welcoming sofas and African sculptures fill the gracious guest areas. Dine under the ancient jackalberry tree where skilled chefs serve delicious meals or steal away for an intimate dinner in the well-stocked wine cellar. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with South African Hotels so you can book your Dulini Lodge reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- And Beyond Dulini Lodge
- &Beyond Dulini Hotel Sabi Sand Game Reserve
- Dulini Lodge South Africa/Sabi Sand Game Reserve