We only had one night here but wish we had booked two... We were warmly welcomed by the staff on arrival - Victor was our tracker and Bernhard our guide. A delicious lunch was promptly served before we set off for our game drive. We had just spent a week in the Kruger and weather had not been as good as usual at this time of year resulting in less sightings...and this was unfortuntaely no exception here at Nkorho. Our sunset drive was very pleasant with lovely sundowners - but the cheetah that had killed the impala for the benefit of the morning guests had been chased off by vultures earlier.
We returned for a great boma dinner and were entertained by beautiful singing from the lady staff. The food was plentiful and very tasy and the very good wines were all the same (reasonable) price.
The bed was very comfortable and the room very spacious and clean. I wish I had switched off the fridge as the rest of my family had done in their other units because it woke me at 4am and I couldn't figure out where the noise was coming from! However it did mean that I got to hear lions roaring in the distance...I would say that this Lodge is ideal for couples, however Anje and Karen went out of their way to accomodate our children and our friend's children in in two triples.
We were up at 5am and were just about to get very despondent at the lack of sightings during a long game drive when of course the bush delivered! A female leopard was up a tree after having been chased off by a big male who stole her impala kill. He is quite a shy leopard so only caught a brief glimpse of him, but had a stunning sighting of the female who came down from the tree and posed for us as she is very comfortable with the vehicles. Our friends in the other vehicle also got a very good sighting of the male as they had got there before us, and they also got great viewings of two big male lions prior to that - the bush is all about a bit of luck and being in the right place at the right time! We went back for a hearty breakfast feeling very pleased.
I would definitely recommend a stay here - it is one of the most reasonably priced Lodges which is comfortably small and intimate in a lovely setting. I wish we had stayed another day so that we could enjoy the well placed infinity pool which overlooks the water hole (see the Nkorho Webcam). Thanks Nkorho for a great stay!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Nestled near the unfenced borders of the Kruger National Park this luxury four star Sabi Sand lodge offers a diverse abundance of classic African Wildlife. Nkorho Bush Lodge offers a comfortable environment in which to become one with nature, whether it be bird watching or game viewing from an open vehicle we offer a bushveld experience extraordinaire. Nkorho Bush Lodge creates and atmosphere of relaxation, sheer contentment a feeling of unity. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Orbitz, Hotels.com, Travelocity, Expedia, Hotwire, Cancelon, Cheap Tickets and Agoda so you can book your Nkorho Bush Lodge reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Nkorho Bush Hotel Sabi Sand Game Reserve
- Nkorho Bush Lodge South Africa/Sabi Sand Game Reserve