Nkorho Bush Lodge
Like saving money? We search up to 200 sites for the lowest prices
Arathusa Safari Lodge(Sabi Sand Game Reserve)
  • Breakfast included
Lion Sands - Tinga Lodge(Kruger National Park)
  • Restaurant
Skukuza Rest Camp(Kruger National Park)
Great 4.5/5
Machai Lodge(Hazyview)
    • Pool
    Kapama Karula(Kapama Private Game Reserve)
    Great 4.5/5
    All reviewssabi sandshoneymoon suitewatering holegame drivesopen areainfinity poolbush lodgekruger parkwild dogsoutdoor showerwonderful experienceoff roadwater holesafari experienceother guestsmorning driveexcellent game viewing
    FilterAll languages
    Reviewed September 23, 2013

Stayed at Nkorho Bush Lodge as part of a photography safari. Would highly recommend a stay here. The staff was attentive and very helpful. The food was amazing! For breakfast I highly recommend the Flap Jacks....if I wasn't so full from the first plate I would have had a second. Chad and Norman were our game drive guides and did an amazing job finding the animals our group hoped to see. They went above and beyond the call of duty.

Breakfast and lunch was served on the patio which overlooked the watering hole. One morning the elephants were there as we had breakfast.

The rooms were very nice and the outdoor shower was amazing after an early morning game drive.

If I am ever back in South Africa I would definitely pick Nkorho Bush Lodge to stay at again.

Thank you for a wonderful experience.

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled solo
    Reviewed September 12, 2013

I spent 3 nights at this absolutely amazing place last year. I was greeted by a friendly face the moment I drove up to the lodge and this continued the entire time I was there. Everyone was so friendly and helpful. The food and service was great for every meal. Then, of course were the drives! There is nothing like going on a drive in Sabi Sands - and our Ranger, Cedric along with our tracker, Norman were nothing short of amazing. They took us everywhere and we had fantastic sightings with photo opportunities. Before ever getting here, I had watched the waterhole in front of the lodge on the cameras by Africam for many years. I hope I have the chance to get back there again. My trip was actually August 2012, but the options did not go back that far.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled solo
    Reviewed September 9, 2013

What can I say... I was relaxed from the moment I arrived! Anja, Karin and the rest of the staff at Nkorho made this the best vacation ever. Not to mention the wildlife that was seen around meandering the lodge and then seen on the safari drives. The trackers and rangers amazed me with their skills. The small intimate lodge means you meet and interact with all the guests and staff. I will definitely recommend this lodge to my friends and family and I hope to return at some point.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled solo
    Reviewed September 7, 2013

We have just had our third stay at Nkorho Bush Lodge in the Sabi Sands area of South Africa just next to the Kruger National Park. This lodge offers affordable luxury in the bush. Whereas you drive yourself in the Kruger (and have a brilliant time doing it) everything is done for you at Nkorho.

The quality of the game drives at Nkorho are the equal of any lodge. The rangers are highly knowledgeable, the trackers a wonder to watch in action and the game abundant. The speciality of Sabi Sands is the leopards, but it is not unusual to see the Big Five in a three hour game drive. Two game drives are provided of about three hours each - one early in the morning and one leaving at about 4pm so you get the late afternoon sunshine and the first hour of darkness. The vehicles used are amazing in their ability to drive through the bush and roomy - there are usually between 6 to 7 people in a vehicle which can take ten guests.

Nkorho is a lodge for those who want to enjoy themselves, relax and see the game. The accommodation is luxurious (ours had an indoor and outdoor shower), a deck provides a view across an open plain and water-hole and the infinity swimming pool is wonderful. It's quite normal to be relaxing in a lounger or the swimming pool and to be watching giraffes or elephants drinking at the water-hole. There are 7 chalets taking a maximum of about 15 guests. The staff are uniformly friendly and eager to meet your every need.

Food at Nkorho is excellent with breakfast served after the morning game drive (the extensive spread that a good hotel would provide); a buffet lunch of hot and cold courses is provided at around 2pm before the afternoon game drive and dinner is served in the Boma following return from the game drive. All of the food is of a high quality and very well prepared and served. On some nights the ladies working in the lodge provide an ethnic dance show as after dinner entertainment. I guess more expensive lodges would provide cordon bleu cooking with swizzles of sauce and cooking whatever you want. At Nkorho there is always a choice of three or four dishes and the food is delicious. Why would I want to pay up to four times the cost to stay at a more pretentious lodge? The game is the same and for me Nkorho provides everything I want and need at a high level.

The fact that my wife and I have returned three times is an indication that we regard Nkorho Bush Lodge as a providing a holiday at the highest level.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled as a couple
    Reviewed September 1, 2013

Get ready to spot the big fives eyes in eyes leaded by very professional rangers who can also explain the strange habits of suicide birds. Accomodation like a little piece of luxury paradise in the bush.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled with family