Savanna Private Game Reserve
Elephant Plains Game Lodge(Sabi Sand Game Reserve)(Great Value!)
$564
  • Breakfast included
Leopard Hills Private Game Reserve(Leopard Hills Private Game Reserve)
$2,144
$2,098
Londolozi Private Game Reserve(Sabi Sand Game Reserve)(Great Value!)
$1,679
SA Hotels
Sabi Sabi Bush Lodge(Sabi Sand Game Reserve)(Great Value!)
$1,461
  • Breakfast included
Ulusaba Safari Lodge(Ulusaba Private Game Reserve)
$1,075
  • Pool
Dulini Lodge(Sabi Sand Game Reserve)(Great Value!)
$2,113
SA Hotels
Umkumbe Safari Lodge(Sabi Sand Game Reserve)(Great Value!)
$467
  • Breakfast included
Lion Sands River Lodge(Sabi Sand Game Reserve)
$3,442
  • Breakfast included
Simbambili Game Lodge(Sabi Sand Game Reserve)
TripAdvisor
Nkorho Bush Lodge(Sabi Sand Game Reserve)
  • Breakfast included
All reviewstrain carsabi sandslocal choirhot bathour honeymoonsafari experiencelocal villagelarge tableluxurious accommodationwonderful experiencemini barother guestsevening drivebeyond belieflittle touchesbucket listwatering hole
Reviewed January 13, 2013

Savanna is probably the best place I've ever stayed in my entire life. The staff was really friendly and accommodating. They are almost like a family and seem to have been part of the Savanna family for many years. The accommodations were unreal and the food was incredible. The freshly stocked free mini bar with everything you can imagine was perfect for the few hours between drives and meals. The freshly prepared bubble bath with fresh drinks every evening was perfect. You meet so many wonderful people from all over the world and Savanna makes every day and night special. The game drives were the best part. Patrick, our ranger, was outstanding. He knew everything about these animals and we saw the Big 5 on our first game drive! We got so close to these animals that we could almost touch them. I've never had an experience like this. Every drive was different and we saw everything from baby leopards in a tree to trumpeting elephants in the water to lions feasting on buffalo to a wild dog attack on a group of impalas. I would and hope to go back to Savanna in a heartbeat. Thanks Savanna!

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled with friends
2  Thank Lauren M
savannalodge, Marketing Manager at Savanna Private Game Reserve, responded to this reviewResponded January 14, 2013

Dear Lauren M

Thank you for the wonderful review following your recent stay with us.
There certainly was some fantastic game viewing during your stay, I was lucky enough to be there at the same time!
I hope some of the photos you took make it up on your walls.

We hope that you are able to come back and visit soon.
Warm wishes

Reviewed January 11, 2013

I recently returned from my first trip to Savanna and was simply blown away.
I have been on a number of safari trips and have never experienced game viewing like that provided by Savanna.
The game viewing is simply outstanding and this is attributable to the great guides who constantly impart little bits of their endless knowledge with guests.
Worthy of particular mention is Lorna who could not do enough to ensure our stay was perfect.
The bubble bath waiting for us on return from our evening game drives was a unique touch and something quite special.
There is truly no need to look further than Savanna for your next safari experience.

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled with family
savannalodge, Marketing Manager at Savanna Private Game Reserve, responded to this reviewResponded January 29, 2013

Dear shan w

Thank you for your wonderful review.
We strive to deliver exceptional service all round, but particularly with respect to the game viewing experience. We are so pleased that you enjoyed your time with us as well as Lorna’s hospitality and we hope to be able to host you again one day.

Best wishes

Reviewed December 30, 2012

In my opinion, the reason that Savanna Private Game reserve is the best in the area has to do with multiple factors. To start, it's a small game reserve with can only accommodate under 20 guests at full occupancy which make it very intimate, allowing the time to get to know other guests and most importantly the staff, which then brings me to the staff- the absolute best. Educated, personable with a tremendous passion for what they do which reflects in one's game drive experiences. This property also does not nickel and dime you; once you are there, you have not additional costs such as alcohol- including the mini-bar in your room. With all of that being said, I have not even mentioned the amazing game drives in the local area.
We will go back to Savanna Private Game Reserve as soon as we possible can.

Room Tip: All the tented cabins are amazing, just suited to size
  • Stayed: March 2012, traveled as a couple

Dear ArtisanJourneys

Thank you for the review and for voting us the best in the area!
It’s really wonderful for us to hear that what we are doing is working, and that you enjoyed your time at the lodge.

We do hope that you are able to come back and visit soon.
Warm wishes

Reviewed December 21, 2012

Savanna is actually one of the most amazing travel experiences I've ever had. The rooms were massive and spacious and the service received was delightful. Every night after a safari, a bubble bath was always prepared and glasses of wine left in our room. Further, the mini bar full of snacks and drinks was perpetually well stocked.

The staff at Savanna are also warm and extremely helpful. Our guide and trekker Blair and Lawrence were knowledgeable and seemed to know exactly how to find all the animals we wanted to see. Believe, our butler made the best ice lemon tea I have ever had and I have ice lemon tea at almost every location I travel to!!

I have to also comment that this lodge is extremely CLEAN which is amazing since I found that our other lodges were quite dusty which I understand given that its in the middle of the bush etc but I definitely appreciated this.

The food was also epic, try the cranberry-brie mix that they serve as an entree for dinner!

Ah just an excellent experience !

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled with family
savannalodge, Marketing Manager at Savanna Private Game Reserve, responded to this reviewResponded December 28, 2012

Dear nicolecatherineng

Thank you so much for the delightful review and we are so pleased that you enjoyed your stay with us.
We wish you a wonderful 2013 and hope to see you again soon.

Season’s greetings

Reviewed December 13, 2012

Simply amazing.... Great wildlife with chances to get really really close to all the animals and the birds were beautiful. We had 4 nights of 'Glamping' in sheer luxury, the accommodation and food was something special. But really, the staff and service was truly amazing, I won't spoil it by telling you all the details, it's worth being surprised!!! We are going back again and recommend it for couples or families. Can't wait to get back there!!!

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Margherita O
savannalodge, Marketing Manager at Savanna Private Game Reserve, responded to this reviewResponded December 18, 2012

Dear Margherita O

Thank you for the amazing review, we are so pleased you enjoyed your stay at Savanna and we look forward to having you back soon!

Warm Seasons greetings