We came here as the first part of our honeymoon and wished that we stayed here for the full 2 weeks! As soon as we arrived we were so overwhelmed by the very laid back vibe of Simbambili and how friendly all of the staff were. If you want exclusivity and a real intimate atmosphere then look no further! The rooms were out of this world! The day follows the formats others have talked about with a 5am wake up, quick coffee then onto the first game drive of the day where you will stop for a leg stretch and a hot drink. You get back to the lodge and are having breakfast for about 8.30 / 9 ish and then you have the whole morning and early afternoon to yourselfs to laze about by the plunge pool and snooze on the amazing bed outside as long as you arent invaded my monkeys like we were on one day! The afternoon starts with a late lunch and another game drive, stopping for sundowners which again gives you chance to stretch your legs and have a drink. Reviews on here havent been overly positive about the food. We had no complaints! There was a decent selection, everything we had was cooked really well and on one evening we had the inroom dining combined with candle lit bath and champagne to celebrate our honeymoon! It was amazing and we happened to have the most spectactular thunder storm that really lit the whole sky up.
The safari itself was fantastic. We had Richard and Celebrate / Mumps on our game drives and we couldnt get over what we saw and the ridiculous eyesight that the trackers have, pointing out things no regular person would even see! We learnt so much, and enjoyed every second of it! Cannot wait to return. Thank you so much
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Simbambili Game Lodge is a highly individualised destination for the discerning traveller located in the Sabi Sand Game Reserve, which is part of the Greater Kruger National Park. Set in magnificent trees along the meandering Manyeleti River, with views over an extensive savannah grassland, that teems with wildlife visiting an ever popular water hole. Sophisticated yet simple, each suite has spectacular views whether from the unique en-suite bathrooms, outside salas or individual private plunge pools. Guests are encouraged to enjoy the extraordinary and unique wildlife of Africa, whether it is your choice to linger at a close encounter with lion, leopard, elephant, rhino and buffalo or to be amazed by the extensive array of birds and insects, or simply relax in the Sanctuary Spa. Your ranger and tracker team will astound you with their ability to track big five game, either on foot or from an open safari vehicle. The amazing safari experience is complimented by elegant cuisine, a selection of fine wines andthe warmth of true African hospitality. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Orbitz, Hotels.com, Travelocity, Hotwire, Agoda and Priceline so you can book your Simbambili Game Lodge reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Simbambili Game Hotel Sabi Sand Game Reserve
- Hotel Simbambili Game
- Simbambili Game Lodge South Africa/Sabi Sand Game Reserve