Simbambili Game Lodge
Like saving money? We search up to 200 sites for the lowest prices
Arathusa Safari Lodge(Sabi Sand Game Reserve)
  • Breakfast included
  • Pool
Lion Sands - Tinga Lodge(Kruger National Park)
  • Restaurant
Skukuza Rest Camp(Kruger National Park)
View Hotel
Kapama Karula(Kapama Private Game Reserve)
Machai Lodge(Hazyview)
View Hotel
All reviewsday bedplunge poolour honeymoonsabi sandswatering holewater holehuge malethree nightssafari experienceamazing experiencewild dogsafrican bushevery mealtracking skillshuge bedevening driveprivate deck
FilterAll languages
Reviewed June 13, 2013

Simbambili is the perfect mix of an outdoorsy lodge with pampering. The size of the lodge lends to personal treatment and an exceptional experience. The rooms are beautifully decorated and luxuriously filled with comfortable bedding, a giant tub, private dipping pool and a day bed on the balcony. The restaurant and lobby overlook a watering hole where many animals came to drink and play. The lodge is in the middle of the reserve, so animal sightings are frequent. Driving in we passed a leopard mere yards from the front of the lodge. On our second day, we witnessed elephants walking by our room as we were relaxing on the balcony. The animal sightings, including the big five, were a plenty on the game drives and the guides were the absolute best. I couldn’t have asked for or dreamed of a better guide (Liam) and tracker (Mumps) with endless knowledge, tracking skills and humor. They were very cautious and respectful while approaching the animals. The animals were very accepting of our presence in their environment. To top off our delightful stay, each meal was delicious with gourmet creations and quality ingredients. I was almost as excited to eat at every meal as I was for the game drives.

Every single staff member at the lodge were friendly, helpful, gracious, and an absolute pleasure to meet. I would recommend this place to every family member and friend. I can’t wait to go back.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled with friends
1  Thank ctabtraveler
Reviewed June 8, 2013 via mobile

As you may have read, this place is amazing. I saw all of the Big Five in one day as well as wild dogs twice! The guides knew what we wanted to see and if it was on the property, they would make sure that we saw it and that we were happy.

Not only do the guides give you what you want, they also give you loads of interesting information throughout the drives. The service overall was outstanding and I would go again in a heartbeat.

• Stayed: June 2013
2  Thank Ginahhh123
Reviewed May 31, 2013

After spending countless days/months researching safari lodges here on TripAdvisor, we finally settled on Simbambilli. All the other reviewers of this property were right. The whole experience was pretty much flawless. The food was good, the staff was friendly, and the game drives were amazing. We saw the big 5 within the first day. I could repeat what everyone else has written, but you get point.

While not as luxurious/pricey as Londolozi or Sangita, Simbambilli provided every amenity that I could wish for in the bush. I would rate it as an entry level 5 star property. For the price, you won't will not find a better experience.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled as a couple
2  Thank vuguru
Reviewed May 25, 2013

I won this holiday to Simbambili and had the most amazing weekend with my hubby! On the phone they said we didn't need binoculars because we would see the game up close but we weren't expecting the treat we were in for! The game ranger and tracker go out of their way to nature you get amazing game sightings, we saw leopard up really close, six in total 3 of which were cubs. We saw 4of the big 5 but missed lion unfortunately. Food was great and the room stunning. My only criticism was that we had a communal braai one of the two nights we were there where you are seated in a large table with the other guests. Although this is great for tourists, my hubb and I would have preferred a dinner on our own.

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Kerry H
Reviewed May 25, 2013

Just 2 wonderful nights at simbambilli lodge at sabi sand, although animal viewing was quite during my stay on 20-22 May, but managed see 4 of the big fives, except the lions and above all a leopard on a kill, if you into leopards sighting then sabi sand is the place to go.

I stayed at room no.1 which was close to the main lodge and the lights from main lodge can come into the at night .

great service and food, make sure to fly to Hoedspruit airport if travel by road to the lodge is its 90 minutes drive and 3 hours from Kruger Mpumalanga International Airport

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled solo