Simbambili Game Lodge
Like saving money? We search up to 200 sites for the lowest prices
Arathusa Safari Lodge(Sabi Sand Game Reserve)
  • Breakfast included
  • Pool
Lion Sands - Tinga Lodge(Kruger National Park)
  • Restaurant
Skukuza Rest Camp(Kruger National Park)
View Hotel
Kapama Karula(Kapama Private Game Reserve)
Machai Lodge(Hazyview)
View Hotel
All reviewsday bedplunge poolour honeymoonsabi sandswatering holewater holehuge malethree nightssafari experienceamazing experiencewild dogsafrican bushevery mealtracking skillshuge bedevening driveprivate deck
FilterAll languages
Reviewed July 17, 2012

What a great time we had, pampered by Alison & Liam and treated like royalty. This must be one of the best lodges we have ever visited in Sabi Sands. We did not miss a single game viewing because Liam shared our passion for the ever elusive african leopard - and on 5 different game viewings we managed to find these cats! The effort & time spent on tracking these cats made it an experience never to forget, not to mention all the other animals: honey badger with baby, elephants, giraffe, hippo, rhino, lions, many bird species, including martial eagle and hawks, etc.
Back at the lodge everything was perfect and ready and the staff always eager and ready to assist. The food was superb and the wide selection meant we never went hungry. I love this place and will definately return.

Room Tip: The suite with deck overlooking the waterhole is unbeatable for privacy and private game viewing!
  • Stayed: July 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed June 28, 2012

My wife , 2 daughters, and I just got back from a terrific 4 days in the Bush. Everything promised was delivered but what may go unmatched by other lodges is the enthusiasm I saw from our guide and tracker. Liam and Mumphs were impressively knowledgeable and were as excited about sightings as we were, which shows a real love for their jobs and respect for their customers. In talking with the other guests they felt the same about thier tracking duo as well which indicates a real commitment to customer service, a scarce commodity in our world anymore.
Christina, Kirsten, Arnold, Lucy, Knox etc.... Truly deserve kudo's for thier efforts.
The animals congregating at the waterhole alone, had me in awe for hours.
Although my pictures are incredible, the interaction with these beautiful animals and what I learned from our tracking team, are something that will be permanently etched in my memory. I felt priviledged to be there.
Trip of a lifetime, absolutely.

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank ChiTownMike93
Reviewed June 22, 2012

My wife and I stayed at the lodge for 3 nights, without a doubt it was one of the most incredible experiences we have ever had. The lodge itself is in a beautiful setting, with lovely bungalows within a short walking distance. All the staff are lovely and so hospitable.

The food and general ambience are second to none. Our tracker Mamps and Doug (the Ranger) made every day unforgettable with many 'up close and personal' animal sightings. Mamps tracking and spotting skills are astounding.

We will be back!

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled as a couple
2  Thank PedroMig
Reviewed June 12, 2012

We stayed in Simbambili in May 2011 after an awesome stay at Mala Mala. Given the kind of sightings we had had , we were both quite fine in just chilling out at Simbambili before our trip back to India.
But Simbambili had other plans .. No sooner did we check in than I heard loud crashing noises coming from the courtyard behind our cottage . Went rushing outside to investigate and was awestruck watching a herd of wild elephants passing by the dried rivulet behind our cottage .Some even came up , close and personal to the cottage to investigate us and I was delighted because watching these huge creatures busily eat their way through the bushes was an incredible sight … What a way to begin our stay and throughout our 3 day stay , the courtyard became our favourite place , watching birds, the occasional antelope and looking at various other animals which passed by near the water hole at a distance . The courtyard had a nice plunge pool as well but I do wish it was heated !!
The lodge offers quite a personal experience – the chef tried really hard rustling up vegetarian dishes for us and did a good job of it , the rangers are knowledgable and the wildlife viewing excellent as well – Who can complain after watching a male loapard try and hunt a warthog during the day !!
A great place to have a relaxed , personal safari

• Stayed: July 2011, traveled as a couple
3  Thank brat85
Reviewed June 11, 2012

WOW. Where do I begin... We loved Simbambili and the staff!! It was definetly an excellent start to our 10 year anniversary vacay. We had a great tracker (Mumps) and ranger (Pierre) that took us on very successful fun game drives. Our fantastic butler, Reinus, attended to every detail of our meals/cottage. They arranged a very special dinner for us on our anniversary, it was so lovely and romantic. This lodge was our favorite during our 15 day Africa trip, has a beautiful, rustic, tranquil setting. We stayed in a lovely cottage with a great view of the watering hole. Wonderful staff, fun activities (game drives, spa), delicious meals. We truly miss Simbambili so much!!!

Room Tip: Room 1 - close to the dining area. view of watering hole.
  • Stayed: May 2012, traveled as a couple