We stayed at Lion Sands in mid September 2013 for our honeymoon. From the moment we landed, we were treated like royalty. Everyone was so friendly and it felt like they genuinely care about you and wanted to please. We have a fantastic. We had a butler, Vusi, who remember our drink orders and make special attention to the meals to ensure it fit with our dietary concerns. Our ranger, Tristan, and tracker, Tony, were exceptional with respect to their knowledge of the wildlife. Not only did we see the "big 5" ( lions, leopards, rhinos, elephants and buffalo) less than 24 hours after our arrival, but we saw 5 DIFFERENT leopards over the course of our trip. ( less than 5% of the population will EVER see a leopard). We even saw a baby elephant that was born around 1 hour before we saw him! For one night we stayed in "Chaulky's treehouse"- what an unforgettable experience. I would highly recommend lions sands and hope that my husband and I will return for our anniversary! This is truly a magical place!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Family owned since 1933, this international award winning private game reserve spans across the world famous Sabi Sand Game Reserve and Kruger National Park. Lion Sands has four lodges; Lion Sands Ivory Lodge & Lion Sands River Lodge (Sabi Sand) and Lion Sands Tinga Lodge & Lion Sands Narina Lodge (Kruger Park). Each has a unique style, but is a reflection of Lion Sands' five-star signature of sophisticated interiors, unique experiences and service excellence. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Cancelon, TripOnline SA, Evoline ltd and Hotwire so you can book your Lion Sands River Lodge reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Lion Sands River Hotel Sabi Sand Game Reserve
- Lion Sands River Lodge South Africa/Sabi Sand Game Reserve