All you need to know is that this 5 star lodge is truly focused on customer service, conservation, customer experience, and cleanliness.
We were a large group and we split into two jeeps on our game drives. Feedback from both jeeps were that the ranger and tracker were very professional, extremely knowledgeable and genuinely wanted to education us on the beautiful floral and fauna, birds, stars, animals, insects and reptile that we saw. Our jeeps Ranger was Tristan and our Tracker was Tony. They were both very friendly and it was a pleasure to ride through the bush with them.
The accommodation at Lion Sands are beautifully decorated and well kept. The suites are large and the bathrooms are to die for!
The location of the lodge right on the Sabi River is ideal for game viewing day and night.
I would highly recommend Lion Sands to anyone looking to experience the amazing Sabi Sands Reserve and South Africa's best game viewing!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Family owned since 1933, this international award winning private game reserve spans across the world famous Sabi Sand Game Reserve and Kruger National Park. Lion Sands has four lodges; Lion Sands Ivory Lodge & Lion Sands River Lodge (Sabi Sand) and Lion Sands Tinga Lodge & Lion Sands Narina Lodge (Kruger Park). Each has a unique style, but is a reflection of Lion Sands' five-star signature of sophisticated interiors, unique experiences and service excellence. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotwire, Cancelon, Priceline, TripOnline SA and Evoline ltd so you can book your Lion Sands River Lodge reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Lion Sands River Hotel Sabi Sand Game Reserve
- Lion Sands River Lodge South Africa/Sabi Sand Game Reserve