“Would go back in a heartbeat...almost in tears when I left!” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Londlozi Private Game Reserve

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Sabi Sand Game Reserve
Londlozi Private Game Reserve
Houston, Texas
“Would go back in a heartbeat...almost in tears when I left!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 29, 2009

My husband and I stayed at the Londolozi Tree Camp for 4 nights and it was by far the best resort and best vacation we've ever been on and we are world travelers! VERY HIGHLY recommended from a picky traveler who spent HOURS researching resorts in Kruger. From the champagne we were served as we arrived at the resort to the staff to the HUGE and beautiful room, I cannot say enough. Our coordinator, Callie, was a gem and we by far had the best trackers at the resort, Sam and Richard. We saw all of the big 5 by the second safari outing and saw lion prides, elephants, zebra, buffalo, rhino, etc. who all came within a few feet of our Range Rover which was thrilling! Our room was larger than our home back in the US, had its own plunge pool, and the staff went out of the way to make our stay romantic and rememberable. Keep in mind because Londolozi is private, Range Rovers can go off-roading where as several other areas in Kruger only allow vehicles to stay on trails. We would not have seen half of the animals we did if we were not able to go off the beaten path to follow leopards, lions, you name it! It wasn't a cheap vacation but WELL worth it and I almost cried when I left. That was a first for me!

• Stayed December 2008, traveled as a couple
      Location
      Rooms
      Cleanliness
7 Thank RedTexan

Solo
Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (7)
SJC1000
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 25, 2009

My husband and I moved to South Africa about a year ago. Over the past 12 months, we have hosted 4 different groups of friends / family from the United States. Each time, we’ve taken our guests to a new lodge in the Sabi Sands Game Reserves, which is considered to have the most spectacular and consistent Big 5 game viewing the country. Of the 4 lodges that we’ve visited, Londolozi is by far the superior facility. It ranks about all the other lodges in terms of luxury accommodations, friendly / helpful staff and the spectacular safari guides that aggressively track the animals. I found many of the other lodges large and impersonal, but Londolozi is very intimate. It rates #1 in my book!

• Stayed October 2008, traveled with family