Nothing I read of Ebony Lodge prepared me for the beauty and level of service there. Only the amazing game drives could tempt me away from the resort. Our suite was enormous and spectacular – words can’t describe it you need to go to their website to see it. The resort is on the Sand River and a hippo spent time in the river right in front of our deck, a vervet monkey stole rolls from me at lunch because I wasn’t fast enough with the slingshot, kudu freely roam the property, and impala, cape buffalo and elephant can be seen less than 50 feet away.
As I said, the service at Singita was fantastic. Every guest was treated like royalty, one’s every need was anticipated and fulfilled to the highest standard. I didn’t think there was anything more that they could do but I was proven wrong. I had scheduled the trip so that we would be at Singita on my birthday and apparently my travel agent had alerted them to this. We were the only couple on the night drive on the day of my birthday because, according to Sipho, the other couple decided not to go. As we approached the spot where we would stop for our sundowner (usually prepared on the hood of the vehicle) I noticed several people gathered at a table out in the bush. The resort manager and two other senior staff were there with champagne and canapés for a surprise celebration. The event was magical. There was a beautiful sunset (because of cloudy skies this was the only sunset we saw the entire trip) and a rhino walked across the field about 20 feet behind our table. Later that evening when we were being escorted to dinner, instead of taking us to the dining room we were taken to the gazebo where a private dinner had been set up. The gazebo was lit with dozens of candles and it was beyond romantic.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- As the original Singita lodge, Ebony stands steadfast amongst enormous trees on the banks of the Sand River in the heart of South Africa's 'big cat country.' The lodge takes safari design and style to a new level with a fresh and contemporary interpretation of the classic safari lodge, combining tented camp and bush lodge style. Guests are immersed in nature with huge open spaces and interiors inspired by a combination of local tribal culture and the animal kingdom. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Travelocity and Orbitz so you can book your Singita Ebony Lodge reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Singita Ebony Hotel Sabi Sand Game Reserve
- Singita Ebony Lodge South Africa/Sabi Sand Game Reserve