Sabi Sabi Bush Lodge
Elephant Plains Game Lodge(Sabi Sand Game Reserve)(Great Value!)
$565
  • Breakfast included
Leopard Hills Private Game Reserve(Leopard Hills Private Game Reserve)
$2,149
Londolozi Private Game Reserve(Sabi Sand Game Reserve)(Great Value!)
$1,695
SA Hotels
Inyati Game Lodge, Sabi Sand Reserve(Inyati Private Game Reserve)
$1,197
$1,165
Orbitz.com
  • Breakfast included
Dulini Lodge(Sabi Sand Game Reserve)(Great Value!)
$2,133
SA Hotels
Ulusaba Safari Lodge(Ulusaba Private Game Reserve)
$1,085
  • Pool
Umkumbe Safari Lodge(Sabi Sand Game Reserve)(Great Value!)
$472
  • Breakfast included
Lion Sands River Lodge(Sabi Sand Game Reserve)
$3,451
TripAdvisor
SUN1 Pretoria(Pretoria)(Great Value!)
$41
$40
Nkorho Bush Lodge(Sabi Sand Game Reserve)
TripAdvisor
All reviewssabi sabisafari experiencekids clubgame driveswatering holefrom arrival to departurebuffet stylepresidential suitelocal villageevery mealcommon areasoutdoor showerfantastic experiencekruger national parkland roverhigh teavarious animals
Reviewed September 5, 2012

Well, I can start by saying that I have been to Sabi Sabi Bush Lodge three times in one year (July2011 , November 2011 and July 2012) ! I just love this place! Can't really find myself being bothered or annoyed about anything at all during all my three stays in there! They are one of the few places that also allow a private ranger to drive in the reserve (check the tip below for that) which is also why I specifically go there, for that exclusive experience.

They have my favorite food too. Guess what? All of the food they serve is my favorite, I eat a lot whenever I am there, always plenty and plenty of food in all the three meals.

The Sabi Sabi reserve itself is also amazing, it consists of two sections, the northern and southern (more beautiful) section. You can never run out of beautiful game and amazing landscape to view. My last visit was superb, I saw more than I could've asked for. Spent a quality time with the endangered and very rare wild dogs!

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled with friends
Reviewed September 3, 2012

This was the third hotel on our honey moon where we stayed, we stayed there for 5 nights in August (I had to choose October on Tripadvisor since I decided to post this review too late).

The game reserve was amazing, probably the best food and service we have seen during all our travel. This was our first trip to S. Africa and to a game reserve, and we enjoyed every minute of it. During our time there we saw all the "big five", plus many many other animals and birds.

On the day we arrived we saw elephants, lions and a leopard, all during one safari, other days were not as full, but we regularly saw lions, leopards, elephants, buffalo and others, thanks to our ranger Fred and tracker Doc - they went well beyond what I expected of them to make our stay memorable, thank you. The only event that we did not see is lions or leopards hunting, hopefully next time.

The food was very good, although I did not enjoy lunch choice as much as I enjoyed dinner. The choice of food during dinner was wast, with choice of game and normal meat and fish every night.

I would recommend if you have the funds to take the " Mandleve Suite", it is bigger, but the main advantage is that you get your own jeep, ranger and tracker and you can decide to go and see what you want - normally there are 4 or 6 people per jeep, therefore the ranger has to satisfy everybody. Plus, and this is the only thing I would not have liked in the hotel, during dinner they put different rooms together at the same table, allowing for people to socialize - I do not like it, and since we had the suit, we had a table to ourselves and our ranger.

The hotel facilities were good, the SPA was good according to my wife. Going from the reception to the room we often saw "pumbas" - warthog, and other small animals.

Overall the resort deserves the best grades and reviews it has received.

Thanks to all the staff for making our trip so memerable.

• Stayed: October 2011, traveled as a couple
Reviewed July 19, 2012

We had read many excellent reviews of Sabi Sabi, but our stay exceeded our high expectations. Within the first 24 hours, we had seen all of "The Big 5" and much more. Our ranger was exceptionally knowledgeable and terrific with kids. In addition to our two daily safaris, we enjoyed guided hikes and a visit to a local village where Sabi Sabi sponsors a school. I was delighted to discover how Sabi Sabi invests in the local community. Our suite was spacious and comfortable. Since our stay was in winter, I was particularly pleased to discover hot water bottles in the beds every evening. The food was excellent, too. We enjoyed many local specialties and my children were always happy with the options. They especially enjoyed roasting marshmallows every night! Bush Lodge was perfect for our family, and we hope to return with additional family members in the future.

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled with family
4  Thank ADKKayaker
Reviewed July 18, 2012

Sabi Sabi Bush Lodge boasts extremely spacious luxury accommodation, delicious, fresh food, prepared to exacting standards and the world's finest safari experience.

Our suite was vast and immaculately appointed. I particularly loved the outdoor shower (and the indoor shower for that matter). I'd have stayed in my room the entire holiday, had it not been for the incredible game viewing and mouthwatering food on offer.

The game viewing was unbelievably good! We were only at Bush Lodge for 2 nights but managed to see every member of the big 5 RIGHT UP CLOSE! We saw a number of different leopards, in a range of different environments, doing an assortment of different things, including 'leopard crawling', stalking, running and leaping! Over the 2 days we must have spent nearly an hour watching these beautiful cats. Those in the know, will tell you that this sort of leopard viewing just doesn't happen outside of the Sabi Sands. I was able to get amazing video footage of all the big 5 on my iPhone! Our best wildlife encounter was when ranger carefully positioned our vehicle RIGHT in the midst of a herd of elephants. I could literally have reached out and touched them. We could hear the elephants breathing and chewing on leaves and bark.

The food was delicious, fresh! The menus were all extremely well thought out and creative. Everything we ate of a very high standard and there was always more than enough to eat and more than enough variety on offer.

From the moment we arrived, we were spoiled by EVERY member of staff. We really did feel like royalty. I am a fussy guest and it was abundantly clear from the start that no request would be ignored! The staff professional and helpful and the management were incredibly sensitive to our needs.

We also loved the two beautiful swimming pools, which overlook the watering hole. After all of the eating it was great to be able to get some exercise!

Room Tip: Ask for a room overlooking the waterhole.
  • Stayed: May 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed July 17, 2012

Accommodations are not as glorious as one may think, but it is made up in the staffing and the service. Food is fabulous, and of course, we all come for safari. Spent 4 days in Bush Lodge and i just fell in love with the people. Best customer service and most accommodating to your every whim. Loved it!

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled with family