WINNER WONDERLAND

Idube Game Reserve
Hong Kong, China
13 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 22 helpful votes
“My 1st safari trip - more than I expected”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 7, 2013

It is my 1st safari. Stayed at the lodge for 5 days, seen all animal including a fight between male/female lion in less than 20 feet. The ranger, Okkur (apologize if I mis-spell) is awesome as well as the tracker Titus. Both of them are very professional and friendly. Food and accomodation is great as already mentioned a lot here. The chef, Chris, loves sushi and I will later send her a video program about the best sushi shop & master in Japan. All the staff there are very helpful. A family from Austria was there and they discovered a leopard resting in their patio when they are back from dinner! I travel solo but all the guest I met there are friendly. A really enjoyable and relaxing vacation. Here is something which I experience:

(1) Eyewear - don't wear contact lens as fine dust particle encounter in game drive will hurt your eyes. Even when inside the air-con van from Nelspruit airport to the lodge my eye not feeling good as some fine dust particle must have entered the van.

(2) Clothing - no need to bring lots of cloth for change as their laundry service is inexpensive and normally can return within the same date.

(3) Photography - Fast lens (i.e. with large aperture) that can zoom to 300mm is more useful; as it will be getting darker and darker during the afternoon game drive. I sometimes use my phone to take video and snap shot which is very handy. Bean bag or tipod no use during game drive.

Visited September 2013
3 Thank STNF

edinburgh
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 2 helpful votes
“Idube...simply the best”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 26, 2013

I have never written a review before but this holiday was so good that I wanted everyone to know about it. Idube was the best. The best for viewing game....we saw everything even the most rare of animals - cheetah, leopard, rhino, lions,buffalo,elephants, zebra,giraffe,wild dogs with cubs, wildebeest, monkeys, hyena, honey badger, mongoose,waterbok, kudu,eagles, vultures impala, warthogs, birds galore, and loads of babies including a one week old baby elephant. The list goes on. The hotel suite was immaculate and beautiful and from our sun loungers on our veranda we saw elephants walking by, giraffe, and loads of other animals. The food was fab. 15 of us outside sat around a huge wood fire eating and drinking. The staff were all lovely and ear to help. And a huge special THANK YOU to Promise and Ron our guide and tracker. They were exceptional. And they got us up close and personal with all of the animals. We will be going back and would not go anywhere else on safari. Simply the best.

Visited September 2013
Princeton, New Jersey
5 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 2 helpful votes
“Awesome Game viewing and great guides”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 4, 2013

we spent 2 days at Idube. It is very nice place with a cozy feel. Staff are friendly. We were stunned by the game viewing..had not idea we would see wild animals so up close and personal (was awesome). We got to see all the Big Five (Buffalo, Rhino, Elephant, Lion and Leopard) and more. We also got to see the rare to see wild dogs...our ranger (Francios) was fantastic and we really enjoyed his enthusiasm, knowledge and friendliness. Out tracker (lonnet) was also very good at spotting animals and we enjoyed out time with the two of them. Food is OK at Idube, though the ambience of eating dinner around a bonfire and as a group was nice. Being a private reserve landrovers are allowed to leave the trails and follow animals, os higher odds of seeing the big five here than at kruger (though i would recommend both for first time visiters as you get a different feel at kruger and sabi)

Visited August 2013
1 Thank Arun S
Johannesburg, South Africa
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Idube”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 3, 2013

I'm not much in to game resort adventures, yet being at Idube will make 1 reconsider. It's the nicest game Reserve I've been to yet.

1 Thank Tumi N
Chennai
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 4 helpful votes
“Supper Idube!!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 3, 2013

we liked it in every way--warmth generated by the host--Andrew and Laura. the bonfire and barbeque they organized every evening was great!

Visited April 2013