Just back from two nights here as part of a family South Africa trip. I cannot recommend this lodge highly enough. When you see what other lodges charge it is difficult to see why this one is such great value. The luxury rooms were very nice and had everything one might need. Staff were very friendly and helpful. The game drives were excellent with ranger Richard and tracker Clement getting us up close the to Big 5 many times. We even got to see a baby Zebra being born, a lion killing a bufalo and much more. The food was reasonable - breakfast was good, lunch and dinner were set dishes but were satisfying. We drove here from KMIA airport - it is a 3 hour drive with the last hour on poor road surface. I would highly recommend but might consider flying to Hoedspruit or the lodges own private airstrip. However a one way road transfer does give you a good insight into the local life.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Elephant Plains Game Lodge is situated in the Sabi Sand Game Reserve, which forms part of the Greater Kruger National Park. This owner-run lodge caters for the discerning traveller, with a variety of accommodation options including 5 Rondavels, 6 Luxury Suites and a Honeymoon Suite. Activities include two daily game drives and a bush walk. The lodge also offers a spa, gym, conference facility / TV room, games room, small library and two swimming pools. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Orbitz, Expedia, Travelocity, Priceline and Agoda so you can book your Elephant Plains Game Lodge reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Elephant Plains Game Hotel Sabi Sand Game Reserve
- Elephant Plains Game Nelspruit
- Elephant Plains Game Lodge South Africa/Sabi Sand Game Reserve