We stayed for four nights and sighted Lions with cubs, Leopards, Rhinos, Elephants, Hippos, Wild Dogs, Buffalos, Giraffes, Zebras, Hyenas, Wart Hogs, a Waran, a Honey Badger, dozens of spectatular birds, insects, flowers, and, and, and. Sabi Sand is a private game reserve, but not a fenced in zoo, the animals roam freely about thousands of square Kilometers in the Kruger National Park.
Our ranger and tracker provided real quality sightings for us. It is exciting to follow fresh tracks of an animal and then like in a real hunt maybe fail because it is getting dark or succeed and make spectacular photos.
We enjoyed the bush adventures, the competent explanations of our ranger, the kind service in the lodge and the excellent meals. Elephant Plains overlooks a river with a huge wild pasture on the opposing bank where we observed elephants, Zebras, Impalas and Kudus during our meals.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Elephant Plains Game Lodge is situated in the Sabi Sand Game Reserve, which forms part of the Greater Kruger National Park. This owner-run lodge caters for the discerning traveller, with a variety of accommodation options including 5 Rondavels, 6 Luxury Suites and a Honeymoon Suite. Activities include two daily game drives and a bush walk. The lodge also offers a spa, gym, conference facility / TV room, games room, small library and two swimming pools. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Orbitz, Travelocity, Priceline and Agoda so you can book your Elephant Plains Game Lodge reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Elephant Plains Game Hotel Sabi Sand Game Reserve
- Elephant Plains Game Nelspruit
- Elephant Plains Game Lodge South Africa/Sabi Sand Game Reserve