This is an excellent lodge for game sightings in the private Sabi Sands area of Kruger National Park. The lodge provided good directions for self-driving and it was an easy drive to the lodge even with a regular car (not 4x4). Be aware of the road being bumpy the last few kilometers, it may cause damage to your vehicle if you drive too fast.
We stayed here for only one night because the lodge was fully booked. The welcoming staff greeted us upon arrival and we got our room earlier than regular check-in time. The professional rangers and trackers made our afternoon and morning drives very memorable. We had plenty of sightings and got to see all the "big five" in just a few hours. The safari vehicles are allowed to drive off the road and after sunset, which made it something special compared to other parts of the Kruger National Park. We even got a flat tire in the middle of a lion family when it was dark and we were off road. The situation was taken care of by the professional staff and we never felt unsafe. The game drives were included in the price and should not be missed.
The food was good and the big room was excellent. We stayed in one of the luxury rooms with a great view. We could even spot a giraffe and some other animals in front of our balcony. You need to pay per megabyte for Internet access and it is only available in the lobby and restaurant area.
The lodge provided excellent value for money, as it was cheaper than many of the other private lodges in the area. If you would like to see wild animals close up and you have a short amount of time, this lodge is a must do and highly recommended.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Elephant Plains Game Lodge is situated in the Sabi Sand Game Reserve, which forms part of the Greater Kruger National Park. This owner-run lodge caters for the discerning traveller, with a variety of accommodation options including 5 Rondavels, 6 Luxury Suites and a Honeymoon Suite. Activities include two daily game drives and a bush walk. The lodge also offers a spa, gym, conference facility / TV room, games room, small library and two swimming pools. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Orbitz, Travelocity, Agoda and Priceline so you can book your Elephant Plains Game Lodge reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Elephant Plains Game Hotel Sabi Sand Game Reserve
- Elephant Plains Game Nelspruit
- Elephant Plains Game Lodge South Africa/Sabi Sand Game Reserve