We have recently enjoyed 3 nights at Umkumbe Safari Lodge. We have been to lodges in and around Kruger many times and chose Umkumbe because we wanted an authentic bush experience, with game drives and food provided. It is a lovely spot, with a fantastic outlook on to a river bed, where we frequently saw buffalo, elephant and other animals. The rooms are clean and quite comfortable, and the food is hearty and tasty. The game drives were good. I wouldn't recommend this lodge for someone wanting luxury accommodation and gourmet meals, but it is a good place for people who enjoy chilling in the bush and want a cut above the more basic lodges in Kruger. It is good value compared to similar lodges.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Umkumbe Safari Lodge is located in the Sabi Sand Wildtuin, considered by many to be the premier wildlife reserve in South Africa. Located on the banks of the seasonal Sand River, Umkumbe Safari Lodge is perfectly situated in one of the best Big Five game viewing destinations in Africa. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with South African Hotels, Booking.com and Priceline so you can book your Umkumbe Safari Lodge reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Umkumbe Safari Hotel Sabi Sand Game Reserve
- Umkumbe Safari Lodge South Africa/Sabi Sand Game Reserve