All reviews rooms are large private pool an unforgettable experience the entire staff off road south africa wild dogs our honeymoon game viewing selby senzo caitlin bianca willy thomas lioness sundowners
Selected filters
Reviewed January 3, 2020

We went here for part of our honeymoon to South Africa for a 4 night stay. Overall we loved the property and the safari game drives were epic. If you're looking for a luxury experience on a safari, this should definitely be on your radar. However, there are definitely more economical options with the same quality safari experience (Kirkman's camp).

Game viewing was amazing. Both on the drives and at the lodge/room. We saw plenty of leopards, elephants, rhinos, etc. Elephants from your own room by the river was almost a daily occurrence as well as plenty of the other animals (water buffalo, zebras, antelope, etc.).

The staff at the lodge were amazing to us. Matt and Richard who were our game drive guide and tracker were amazing. We saw the big 5 in 24 hours and had great luck on safari with plenty of sightings. Matt was extremely informative and communicated it in a very free flowing and conversational manner while also keeping you engaged and looking for new things. Richard was on point with pointing out seemingly impossible to see signs of animals we were in search for.

At camp, Moses made sure we were well taken care of. Great hospitality and also conversation. Selby was an amazing bartender and Bianca gave us a private cooking class which we really enjoyed.

If you're used to being pampered on vacation, this place will suit you. However you'll likely be able to find a few issues wrong with it. Once you take into account how remote this location is, it's nothing you won't look past in a heartbeat.

Room tip: Request Room #1 or #9 for best views
Date of stay: December 2019
1  Thank sophiap842
Reviewed December 11, 2019

&Beyond is incredible. We stayed at Four Seasons in Hawaii. This lodge far surpassed. Can't say enough about how &Beyond treats their guests. Facilities are impecable.

Trips to view animals were fantastic. Were able to see Big 5 up close and personal. I could go on forever about this trip. Were able to observe some other Safaris while out in the bush. They were not allowed to get next to the animals like we did. Recommend to spend the extra $$ and go to private reserve. If you want the best go to an & Beyond camp/lodge, you will not regret it.

Staff know how to make one feel special. This is definetly an upscale accomandation.

Room tip: They all seemed excellent.
Date of stay: October 2019
Reviewed December 2, 2019

Words cannot describe how amazing the Tengile River lodge is. The design and location of the lodge overlooking the Sand River make it veryspecial indeed. The game drives did not disappoint and Joel and David (Guide and Tracker) made the experiance first class. Back at the lodge our personal butler Freddy was always on hand and ready to help in any way he could.

A big thanks to all the staff at Tengile river lodge you all did an amazing job to make our stay very special. It is a very special lodge and I hope to return in the future.

Nkomo

Date of stay: November 2019
Reviewed November 22, 2019

Location and accommodations were amazing, topped only by the staff. Dylan the ranger was incredible, guiding us to sightings of the Big 5 in our first 2 days. Kaitlin expertly ran the place like it was her home and our home. I highly recommend Tengile to anyone who wants to experience the wilds of Africa in extreme comfort and style. Plus, seeing elephants from your deck every day is an unforgettable experience.

Room tip: I was able to see inside three suites - the design was the same. Stunning!
Date of stay: November 2019
Reviewed November 4, 2019

I didn't think &Beyond could get any better having stayed at nearly all of there loges in Africa. Yet again it has.
We have just returned from Tengile River Lodge and I am still feeling sad to have left this wonderful camp. Not only is it the most luxurious of them all (beating all Singita lodges) it is warm as in the wonderful ambience and tremendous staff who love working there. Game viewing was the best ever with the amazing tracker Richard and Ranger Matt there tracking and spotting was out of this world. I didn't want that 5.00am wake up call !!! but it was worth getting myself out of that cozy bed because what we saw was like being in an David Attenborough film set.
Food was glorious and a nice bar to chat to the guests before dinner. I was speechless when I left I still am. Also thanks to the fabulous couple we shared the wagon with. I will never ever forget Tengile.

Room tip: They are all good. Ones nearer to camp have less walking time.
Date of stay: October 2019