All reviews out of this world family suite every meal pink gin new kid on the block perfect wine utter luxury game viewing large swimming pool sabi sands beautiful trees sheer size incredible lodge african bush delicious snacks high tea blown away
Reviewed February 6, 2018

I was fortunate enough to experience Silvan in early December a few weeks after its opening, and what an incredible experience! Game viewing was phenomenal (saw lions including cubs feeding off a kill, leopard, and the remainder of the big 5) including elephant that were a regular feature in front of our private deck off Kierie Klapper (our room). All the rooms I managed to see were extremely spacious - massive deck area with private plunge pool, large lounge area with your own bar and amenities, bedroom, wardrobe and en suite bathroom with inside and outside showers...Silvan literally covers every comfort you could imagine. Food superb - this was a real highlight, with surprise dining experiences and meal combinations you would never think to find in the bush...just wow! The team there went above and beyond, with nothing being too much trouble. I will never forget my experience at Silvan and will certainly be back!

• Stayed: December 2017, traveled as a couple
Reviewed February 6, 2018

I've stayed at many lodges and hotels in Africa over the years but to say I was blown away the first time I laid eyes on Silvan Safari is an understatement. It is the breath of fresh air the safari industry needed. You won't find a shade of khaki here, just the sleek lines and modern finishes which wouldn't be out of place on the top floor of a New York high rise. Opulence has never felt so good. One thing which really struck me at Silvan was the attention to detail. This lodge was clearly a labour of love and the adoration and attention-to-detail translate into everything Silvan does.

The wildlife? The best in the world (six leopards in one game drive!).
The service? Second to none - it was like they knew what I wanted before I did.
The rooms? Have you seen the pictures? A family of 10 could live in these rooms accommodating two - certainly the biggest and the best I have ever been in.
The staff? Africa's people are one of her greatest assets and the Silvan staff truly show you what all the fuss is about. They're warm, welcoming, and always making sure your G&T is full. Ah, perfection.

This leads me to one of the biggest shocks about Silvan: the food. It was off-the-charts amazing and better than most Michelin-star restaurants I've been to. Created for the sophisticated palate, it combines a fine dining experience with the magic of the African bush and I can say with all honesty: I have never been fatter or happier.

I don't want to give away all of Silvan's secrets in just one review but what I can say is this: a holiday to Africa will change your life. A holiday at Silvan will make you never want to go anywhere else again.

Room Tip: There really is no wrong answer here! Thye are all amazing. We staying in the Blue Guarri! Incredible.
  • Stayed: January 2018, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Ryan10099
Reviewed February 6, 2018

Silvan Safari Lodge is a true Gem! The most beautiful rooms I have ever stayed in! Each room individually and tastefully decorated. Beautiful baths with a view and double showers. Huge viewing decks with private plunge pools.

The staff were so friendly and welcoming and made us feel at home from the moment we arrived. The food prepared was out of this world, very different to the usual “bush cuisine”. We were so well looked after, nothing was too much.

The game viewing in the area is phenomenal, we saw all of the Big Five and much more, our tracker even spotted a chameleon in a tree! Now that is impressive!

I had a chance to sample one of the spa treatments; I don’t think I ever felt so relaxed after a mere 30 minutes. I slept like a baby, not sure if it was thanks to the massage or to the comfortable beds in the suit, or the Zen feel in the rooms.

We only stayed 2 nights at Silvan Safari Lodge which was just too short! I could easily stay there forever, and recommend a minimum of 4 nights.

• Stayed: December 2017, traveled with friends
1  Thank JudyB2742
Reviewed February 5, 2018

I was lucky enough to stay at Silvan in December and had an incredible time. The lodge is beautiful, the rooms are huge and all have private plunge pools. Not to mention the stunning bathrooms, where the baths overlook the bush, I was soaking in a bubble bath watching a herd of elephants go by! The food was out of this world, the staff were so accommodating & friendly and the spa was so amazing that I visited it twice in a 2-night stay!

The game viewing in the area was also fantastic, we saw all of the Big 5 during our short time there, including 4 different leopards. We had Sipps as our ranger who was extremely knowledgeable and interesting, and Knowledge was our tracker - they made a great team and we were sad to leave them.

Overall, an incredible safari experience, am hoping to go back again soon!

• Stayed: December 2017, traveled with friends
Reviewed February 5, 2018

This past month I had the opportunity to visit Silvan safari with my partner. We had a four-day stay at the lodge. IIt was a mind-blowing experience! Every attention to detail in the room had been taken care of and the service was amazing.You definitely won't want to leave this romantic oasis.

• Stayed: February 2018, traveled as a couple