“Felt like I was lied to” 1 of 5 bubbles
Review of Comfort Inn

Comfort Inn
Ranked #10 of 22 Hotels in Roswell
West Jordan
“Felt like I was lied to”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 12, 2013

I contacted the hotel before booking with them and had inquired about their indoor pool since that was a must for the kids. I was never told their pool heater wasn't working. I checked in and asked again about the pool and was never told their were any problems with it. After taking our stuff to the room I asked about the pool tools and still weren't told about any problems with the pool. There were no signs on the pool saying it wasn't working. I went to get in the hot tub and about died it felt like I stepped into a pool of ice cubes. So I go to tell the front desk clerk and she said she wasn't aware of it but then the girl who she was talking to said oh ya the heater is broken. I told her I was upset that I wasn't told about it cause that was the ONLY reason we booked with them and were willing to pay more money. So the next morning when I am checking out the manager says to me oh didn't she tell you to go to the Hampton and swim there. No but its a little late now and of course now there is a sign on the pool that says its out of order. I was very upset. Not to mention my 15 year old told me that the girl at the front desk who was chatting with some other girl was bad mouthing the guests of the hotel and making fun of them. Wow what kind of service is that?

• Stayed November 2013, traveled with family
2 Thank Jenny M

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (30)
Ireland
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 7, 2013 via mobile

Good sized room and a pleasant stay here. The bathroom door was a bit dingy and the ceiling could do with painting, but the shower itself was surprisingly powerful. Breakfast was very tasty -waffles, bacon and eggs all available - but the paper plates might put some people off (I found them rather charming). Also our room safe was broken.

Stayed November 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Evening_bell
Havre MT
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 16, 2013

We usually stay at hotels in the Choice Hotel chains as we find them fairly reliable and economical.We are a retired couple and mainly require a safe, clean, comfortable place to spend the night. We seldom use or require the amenities that some do. So, saying that, I found this hotel very nice. The rooms were very clean, updated, and the beds comfortable. A refrigerator and microwave are something we appreciate and they were in excellent condition. Breakfast was pretty standard for chain but was well-stocked and generous. There are a number of good restaurants close by and Roswell is not the difficult to navigate anyway. The only negative was that there is no elevator which can be troublesome for older or handicapped. Carrying our luggage up the stairs was an inconvenience for us but not unmanageable. Be sure to ask for a first floor or handicapped accessible room it this would be a problem.

Room Tip: If I am correct, non-smoking rooms are on second floor so if you are unable to take stairs then you...
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
Uvalde, Texas
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 10, 2013

The Comfort Inn, on the north side of Roswell, is a great place to stay. I liked the complimentary bottles of water (2) that were left near the TV. The breakfast was good and they had a huge pan of scrambled eggs and bacon and they also have the usual Comfort Inn breakfast fare. They also have biscuits and gravy every other day(I ate breakfast on Sunday morning), so that was an additional treat. There is evidently some tension between this property and the Comfort Suites, just 100 yards up the street even though they are affiliated properties. This motel is near Walmart, Sams Club, Chilis, Golden Corral, IHOP, just about everything Roswell has to offer. A short distance down the street is New Mexico Military Institute, which is a beautiful campus with Medieval style architecture. The bed at the Comfort Inn was really soft, though the pillows were rather small, but they were fluffy. The only issue whatsoever that I had was the TV remote. I had to physically touch the TV with the remote to get it to work. When I asked for either new batteries, or a new remote, I was given a new remote and it worked better, but still had some issues. I don't know if other rooms had the same problem or not with their remotes. This motel is about twenty dollars cheaper than most Comfort Inns that I have stayed in, but that is probably due to the price war with the Comfort Suites nearby. I highly recommend this motel! The only thing preventing me from giving this motel 5 stars is the maddening issues I had with the TV remote.

Room Tip: If they are sold out, or only have a room type that you don't particularly care for, do not ask...
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled solo
1 Thank brushcountrydweller
Seattle
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 8, 2013

My criteria: clean (very), quiet (very), modern (yes)... Very comfortable room, the beds are like sleeping on marshmellows, wonderful! All the conveniences. Breakfast included, a good variety. I liked that they have sugar free cereals and whole grain breads, as I hate the sweet gooey things most places pass off as decent breakfast food. The staff were friendly and helpful. The location is fine, town is only a couple of miles away.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank loverainsky
God's chosen county of Lancashire - England
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 5, 2013

I stayed here for 1 night of a 33 night roadtrip. The hotel is a couple of miles out of town but convenient for local shopping. My room was modern, quiet and clean, and the bed was very comfortable. The staff were super-friendly at both check-in and check-out, and the complimentary cookies on arrival and little bag of chocolates on departure was a kind touch (and welcomed by my sweet tooth!). Breakfast was good - but as long as I can have cereal and toast I'm happy with that. Would I stay here again? Yes.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled solo
2 Thank Dominico76
Lynden, Washington
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 13, 2013

This hotel was an unexpected bargain. It was very clean and fairly new looking. Large room with comfortable K-size bed, TV, Refrigerator, Microwave, Coffee, Hair dryer and Internet. A very quiet room. The continental breakfast was fairly standard fare, but tasty and fresh. One downside for non-smokers is that the lobby smelled like an ashtray, although the room did not smell of smoke. There was also a problem with the tub faucet plunger that stuck and wouldn't disengage the shower head. Overall we highly recommend this location. It has become obvious that hotel name, location and price have little to do with the value as this is one of the best we stayed at over an 18 day trip and one of the least costly.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple