“First time in Roswell”

Baymont Inn and Suites Roswell
Ranked #10 of 22 Hotels in Roswell
Reviewed June 10, 2013

My family and I were in Roswell to attend the NMMI Open House. When my son attends the JC part of NMMI in 2 years, we will be staying in Roswell many nights so we were looking for a nice, affordable hotel to stay in. This hotel looked great online and had many amenities like an indoor pool and hot tub for our teenage boys to use. When we arrived, the office desk was not very friendly to begin with, while waiting for our reservation to be confirmed for 2 nights, my sons realized the pool was empty. I asked about the pool and the women behind the desk simply said the pool was out of order and the website should of indicated so...which it did not and the hotel didn't give me a courtesy email or at that point, discount. They did say we could use the next door hotel's outdoor pool (it rained and stormed that night and we couldn't use it anyway!) The room: very small, dirty, broken pieces of furniture (lampshades), door frame (like someone kicked the door in before), hairdryer wasn't safely mounted to the wall, beds and pillows...very lumpy. Free breakfast was OK...powdered eggs and bland meats...not worth the extra 14 $ to stay there for the breakfast. In short, it was not worth the amount and we will not stay there again. When we checked-out...the front desk worker didn't even ask us how our stay was...very unprofessional.....Hope this review helps! The pool never opened and we were never offered a discount!!!!

Room Tip: N/A..first time at this hotel...we were on the 2nd floor and the occupants above us were very noisy...
  • Stayed: June 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank familybro
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Baymont Inn and Suites Roswell, responded to this reviewResponded June 30, 2013

Dear familybro,

Thank you for sharing your feedback regarding your stay with us. Guest satisfaction is important to us and we try our hardest to make sure all of our guests have a rewarding experience at our hotel. Please accept our sincere apology for the shortcomings you experienced during your stay and we regret our hotel did not live up to your expectations in some aspects. Rest assured that your comments will be reviewed by our team and take actions accordingly.

While we understand that your stay was less than satisfactory, we thank you for sharing your feedback as this is our best resource for improving guest services. We hope that you would give us another chance to make your stay as best as it can be.

Joel B

Reviewed June 1, 2013

While I walked in from my red eye flight. I was welcomed with a wonderful greeting from the front desk in the middle of the night. Extremely tired and coming off maybe a bit rude, the front desk never swayed away from her exceptional hospitality. Room was very clean and my bed felt like heaven. The next morning I spoke with the manager Jill and complimented her with her night shift front desk and wonderful room, Jill appreciated my compliments and kindly upgraded my next two nights to the suite. God forbid I ever return to Area 51, but definitely wouldn't stay anywhere else.

• Stayed: May 2013
Reviewed April 8, 2013

This Holiday Inn and Express is great for a one night stay,but not any longer. I say this because the rooms are small and cramped. I stayed in a double queen bedroom. The rooms are nice and updated, but I would not recommend staying in one of these rooms if there are more than four people in your party. It is not a good size room for long term business trips. It is unlike some of their other properties such as Staybridge Suites which have washers and dryers in the rooms with full size kitchens for the same price that Holiday Inn and Express Charges. My room had a 40 inch flat screen t.v., microwave, mini fridge, and average size shower/bathroom but nothing fancy.The tub is terrible for relaxing unless you are 3ft tall. A full size person could not enjoy a bath in their tub. If you are plus size forget about taking a relaxing bath.

The pool still has one of those dangerous drains that have been known to suck the inards out of children playing at the bottom. They need to upgrade to a safer system. The surface around the pool is abnormally slippery compared to other pool area surfaces. One of my kids slipped and hurt herself badly while walking normally.

The breakfast was not too bad, but there were not too many healthy options. There were plenty of donuts,bagels, muffins, sausage, eggs (not real scrambled eggs they tasted like powder),cereal, and oatmeal. They did have a cool pancake machine that most kids would probably enjoy that makes two pancakes in about 2 minutes.

Like the many other reviews the people at the desk need to smile whether it be fake or not at the guests. They do not seem very friendly. I found this trend to be odd because I interacted with two different managers and another front desk employee. However, the room keeping people were very friendly and filled with smiles. The management should do what their housekeeping crew does...smile.

Room Tip: This hotel is about 2 miles north of the famous UFO Museum. There is plenty of restaurants near by a...
  • Stayed: April 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank d m
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Baymont Inn and Suites Roswell, responded to this reviewResponded April 24, 2013

Dear D M,

Thank you for taking the time to express your thoughts and concerns. We would like to apologize for the issues you had with our swimming pool and any inconvenience you may have experienced with your bath tub in your room. We are also sorry you were not satisfied with our breakfast options and the service you encountered was less than satisfactory. The feedback we receive from our valued guests, like you, enables us to target problem areas and take the necessary actions to ensure similar situations can be avoided in the future. Thank you for staying and we hope you give us another chance to make your stay as best as it can be.

Anthony M

Reviewed March 11, 2013 via mobile

The rate was decent compared to other rooms in the area. It was clean and had all the necessities. The staff could have been friendlier. The breakfast was free and pretty good. The worst part was all of the military men. They were noisy and rude and they were always crowding the pool and hot tub. If you are single this is probably fine for you but for a family it is not the place to stay.

• Stayed: March 2013
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Baymont Inn and Suites Roswell, responded to this reviewResponded July 17, 2013

Dear Richjenn,

Thank you so much for your candid review of our hotel. It is pleasing to know that you found the breakfast served to be at par with standards. However, I truly regret the inconvenience brought by the noise levels experienced from other guests and level of service received from our staff. I have taken note and wish to thank you for all your valuable comments. These are of great importance to us and allow us to monitor and improve our service continually.

Pam G

Reviewed February 4, 2013

I was here on company business this time around and this is what I experience. Flew in to El Paso, TX and made the 3.5 hr drive over this little city.

PRO:

Hotel room was nice came with your basic essentials,room was clean and presentable. Customer service was so, so here, but I guess being a small town and limited accommodations has some effect on that. My room came with Mircowave, coffeemaker and popcorn, which I thought was great to have as a late night snack. Breakfast in the morning is FREE and wasn't too bad.. it serve its purpose. hotel is conveniently located across from Applebee's restaurant and be sure to show them you're Hotel Key Card to receive the 10% discount, the night I was there it was Karaoke night.

CONS:

Only thing I suggest is have the front desk personnel on Day shift front desk be more customer service friendly and even throw a smile here and there wouldn't hurt either. The (day shift) young blonde lady at the front desk looked very unhappy to be there, for whatever reason, that said when your in the hospitality business customers always remember how they are being treated at check in/ check out.

Room Tip: be sure to take your Key card to get 10% Discount at Applebee's.
  • Stayed: February 2013, traveled on business
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Baymont Inn and Suites Roswell, responded to this reviewResponded February 19, 2013

Dear planedrs,

Thank you for your review and being detailed in the good and the opportunities to improve. I am happy to know that you found our room accommodations to be sufficient for your needs. However, please accept my sincerest apology for any inconvenience you may have experienced with the service received at reception. I have taken note of your comments and this will be relayed to the staff to ensure similar incidents won't happen again.

Pam G.

Reviewed February 2, 2013

I stayed at this HIE for one night on a stopover. It is a relatively newer HEI. Rooms were nice, staff friendly and helpful, breakfast typical HIE fare.

Location is great as it is close to NMMI, Applebees across the parking lot, Dennys, etc. I would definately stay here again!

Room Tip: Get a room that is not on the first floor or next to the pool.
  • Stayed: December 2012, traveled on business
Reviewed January 10, 2013

Given that the front desk staff did not read my note that I would have a small dog with us, the check in employee could not have been nicer and more accommodating to get us a great room on the first floor right by the door to the pet relief area. We were also able to park near this door and use our key card for entry. The room was clean and large and just perfect!

My only complaint was with the breakfast staff or management - could have been either one! The hotel was also hosting a junior college football team from Arizona that weekend. The breakfast staff seemed perplexed as to why they ran out of hot food and rolls so fast!! (Ask me, I know, I know!!!) They just couldn't keep up - every time they brought something out, whoosh, it was gone. It was kind of hard to know when we should go, since one had to stay with the dog in the room. With that hungry team, better communication or more staff would have helped!

Room Tip: Here is a better tip just to make sure you get here for a room. If you are coming southbound from I...
  • Stayed: October 2012, traveled as a couple