“The most unnecessary trip in my life... (but still cool)”

Rodeway Inn Roswell
Ranked #3 of 22 Hotels in Roswell
Reviewed July 23, 2009

who could reject a proposal to go to this pop site? even if is a 5 hour drive?

well my friend didt so when i suggest to go he liked the idea.

if you like pop stuff and want to be in all the places that made their way to the pages of the side B of the history, you got to be here...

but if you want to see an UFO or seek for a lot of things to do, dont go...

Ramada is a good choice to stay in there for 900 dll or so you have a cool pool, break fast and of course a bed (in this case two).

• Stayed: July 2009, traveled with friends

Reviewed July 22, 2009

Not impressed with the town of Roswell. The Hotel was alright for the value.

• Stayed: July 2009, traveled with family
1  Thank JamisonS
Reviewed June 25, 2009

I wanted to post a review since there weren't many for Roswell that were recent.

We stayed at this hotel 2 times in one week. The first night we asked to change rooms twice because the A/C's were really annoyingly squeaky. Each room has one of those awful room A/C's that usually are installed in the window or front wall. In these rooms, they were installed in the back wall, but were really noisy and squeaky.

The third room was ok. It was on the ground floor in the lobby building, room 104. I requested the same room when we returned at the end of the week but was told that they will not guarantee a specific room. The hotel seemed very quiet, as in "few customers," so why they wouldn't give us the room we wanted, I don't know. When we returned we did get the same room and it was ok again.

None of the three rooms smelled of cigarettes, so maybe they have solved that previous problem.

The breakfast was basic but adequate for our needs and was accurately described when I called and asked.

I called directly to the hotel to make the reservation to see if I could get a better rate than I was seeing on the search engines. They offered me a $5 reduction. So you might want to try that.

I'm wondering why Roswell has so many nice hotels? The prices aren't low either. We paid $79 for the first night and $74 for the second at this hotel and the nicer hotels were over $100 a night (Hampton Inn, Holiday Inn, etc). Who is visiting Roswell? Aliens with money? :-)

This is an older hotel, but when we stayed the pool, room and common areas were very clean. The desk clerks were accommodating and the first young lady did allow us to move rooms until we were happy.

My expectation when checking into a hotel is that we have a clean, quiet room. I can't imagine that anyone has stayed in those first 2 rooms where the A/C's were squeaky without complaint - can you? By the end of our second visit the toilet in our room was plugged and the shower was not draining. I think they need to maintain this hotel a little better to ask those prices for a room.

I'd recommend room 104 (if they fix the bathroom issues) if you are looking for a quiet, comfortable room in Roswell.

• Stayed: June 2009, traveled with family
1  Thank TheTravelingWuppys
Reviewed February 9, 2009

The hotel room was a non smoking room but definitely smelled like cigarettes and there were cigarette ashes in the night stand with the Bible in it. There was also an old bbq grill in the parking lot. The beds were saggy and old. The pillows were flat and old. The place really needs an overhaul or should drastically cut their prices. This hotel is more on par with a 1 star, Motel 6. Overall, I would never stay at this hotel again and I would never recommend that someone stay at that hotel.

• Stayed: February 2009, traveled with family
2  Thank hankenstein
Reviewed September 28, 2008

We had a very good stay at this hotel. We loved the quiet inside courtyard view. The beds were comfortable and the breakfast was good. We had been on the road 2 weeks and felt this was one of the more enjoyable nights we had at a motel. We don't stay in the upper end motels, but the mid-range chain motels, so we were very happy with the stay here.

There was a nice pool in the center of the courtyard. The rooms on the second floor open to the outside into the courtyard. The first floor rooms opened to both the courtyard and the parking area. All the areas were very clean and well kept.

The people were very nice and we enjoyed Roswell very much.

• Stayed: September 2008, traveled as a couple
Reviewed August 18, 2008

Couldn't find much online for Hotels and the ones I called were booked, like Hampton Inn, Best Western, etc.. Thought I would try this. Was kinda skeptical when they quoted there price of $68/night.
Well my skeptism was met with an older style motel. Recently renovated about 15 years ago I think with blushing pink paint...omg.
Fairly clean, A/C unit opposite side of bedroom area, so had to keep at 65 degrees to keep main room cool.

I would not recommend this motel and will not stay here again unless there are no rooms anywhere else. I found at least 10 other motel chains on Main Avenue that are newly built. That's where I will be next time. I HOPE !!!

Spring Hills Golf course was very nice.

• Stayed: August 2008, traveled on business
2  Thank HamptonInnsWin
Reviewed July 26, 2008

This hotel is an overall good hotel to stay at if your in the Roswell area. Good, clean room for the money! They offered a free breakfast in the morning that was bigger than many others. The two guys at the front desk were very outgoing and helpful with my checkout and directions to the downtown area. Check-in was also quick which I liked because I got in late around midnight. The only negative I can say is that I wasn't pleased with the 3 kids running around behind the desk. It made the place look un-professional. I will be staying at this Ramada again when I am passing through town. An overall great stay! Thanks Ramada employees

• Stayed: June 2008, traveled on business
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)