“Never Again!”

Rodeway Inn Roswell
Ranked #6 of 22 Hotels in Roswell
Reviewed August 7, 2013

I took a church group to Roswell for a conference and we stayed in the Rodeway because of the price and because it was close to the location of our conference. Here are the things that we encountered:

On check-in, they had me in a pet room. The lady at the desk caught it and switched my room, without being asked, which I appreciated. Unfortunately, she switched me to a room that was already occupied. I walked in on a mess a realized quickly that the mess belonged to the occupant, so I went back to the front desk.

She apologized and put us in another room. The new room was a little cleaner and unoccupied, but had a strange odor. There were hairs in the bathroom. The first night the sink plunger got stuck closed and there was not a maintenance staff to fix it, so the front desk person pried it open with a screwdriver and left the screwdriver stuck in there so that we could use the sink for the night until the maintenance staff came in to fix it properly.

On the final day, our group checked out at breakfast and went to the final proceedings of the conference. The hotel staff charged one of our senior adults an extra day, stating that they left there bags in the room until 2:00PM. She has a gas receipt for Cline's Corners around 3:00PM, so she could not have possibly been there at the time that they said. However, they refused to believe her and would not talk to me about the situation when I called on her behalf as she sat in my office crying. She is on a fixed income and could not afford to cover an extra night stay. The situation was her word against theirs and they refused to budge. She is currently fighting the charge through the bank.

I am embarrassed that I suggested we stay at this hotel and will never make this mistake again.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled with friends
3  Thank Pete M
There are newer reviews for Rodeway Inn Roswell

Reviewed August 2, 2013

We stayed here during a road trip from CA to LA. The staff were very friendly and helpful. The room was very large and clean and we were given a free hot breakfast. The facilities were very good and we had a microwave and fridge in our room. I would recommend this motel to anyone travelling through and needing a place to stay for the night.

• Stayed: June 2013
Reviewed July 29, 2013

On arrival I was greeted upon opening the lobby door by the room clerk and was checked into my room in just a couple of minutes. The clerk called me about 15 minutes later to be sure everything was ok in my room. The room was very colorful, comfortable, clean and quiet. I particularly liked the soap and shampoo dispensers in the shower as well as the liquid soap dispenser next to the lavatory. The next morning I enjoyed a good selection of hot and cold breakfast entrees in a large, nicely decorated dining area. I also received a very good rate and would certainly want to stay at this motel again during my next visit to Roswell.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled solo
Reviewed July 2, 2013

Upon check in, I was charged a $10 fee to alter my reservation from a king smoking room to a nonsmoking 2-queen room. No big deal, I thought. However, upon entering the room, it was a single king bed, not the 2-bed room I had paid for. I went to the front desk and the employee stated it would be another $10 fee to change rooms a second time... despite the fact she admitted she made an error. Ugh.

Frustrated, I just gave up and went to the room.

Though the room has dated carpet, it was spacious, with a tv, mini-fridge and micro microwave. There were crumbs in the sofa. The bathroom is cramped and has a timer on the lightswitch. There was an odd odor in the room... possibly mildew.

This place isn't a roach motel. But I'll never stay here again.

• Stayed: July 2013
2  Thank samoamurphy
Reviewed June 11, 2013

This place is very inhospitable. They have a warm and friendly welcome area, very nice pool and a personal reception when you arrive. But don't be fooled! The pool doesn't open until 11 am which is check-out time. Guests ARE NOT ALLOWED to use the pool on the day of their check-out. We were not granted a "late checkout" and after checking out at eleven tried to use the pool for two hours before our return flight to Europe (last pool day). We were rudely ejected from the pool area and asked to leave the motel immediately. "For insurance reasons". We travel the world extensively and this is the very first time we have ever been asked to leave the premisis.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled as a couple
3  Thank Hamburg_GermanyJayT
vbcb95, General Manager at Rodeway Inn Roswell, responded to this reviewResponded June 13, 2013

This guest asked us to open the pool at 9am(early), which we did, going completely against policy. After accommodating them, they were very happy. They did check out of the room on time but our insurance only covers checked in guest so they had to vacate the property. At 12:15 they finally left.. As they noted to us leaving the hotel a "Bad" review was on the way.

Reviewed June 10, 2013

The room was nice and clean. The desk clerks were very friendly and helpful. The pool was clean and well maintained. We definitely enjoyed our stay and will be staying there again next year.
Breakfast was included with our stay. The price was right. We felt safe and comfortable.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed May 22, 2013

We found this place to be somewhat tired and in need of a spruce up, particularly the exterior areas. Inside the room was ok and the bed was comfortable enough but even though the weather was lovely and there seemed to be quite a few people around the swimming pool area remained closed so we couldn't relax in the sun. Luckily there was a classic cars event going on just down the road so we spent some time there.
There was a computer available to use and plenty of seating in the breakfast/lounge area and the staff were very nice. We felt it was ok for one night and we paid a fair price for what we got.

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled as a couple