“It is UNfortunate.....”

Rodeway Inn Roswell
Ranked #5 of 22 Hotels in Roswell
Reviewed June 5, 2011

Overall nice place, wonderful staff, affordable rate, room good except cleanliness of bathroom left a little to be desired. Only real issue..I have never stayed in a motel with NO in room coffee. The lobby is a long way for that first morning cup @ 6am. It is unfortunate but for this reason I will not return to Roadway Inn.

• Stayed: June 2011
1  Thank Lora72

Reviewed April 5, 2011

We checked into this "hotel" and were told that we had to pay extra for non smoking even though our reservation said non smoking. She did not care what our reservations said, and since we drove in we could not cancel them. The room was FILTHY... the AC was behind a wall so we were miserable all nite. The next morning my hubby woke up and as he was walking to the bathroom I noticed red bites on the side he had been laying on the mattress. I then inspected myself and same story. We were covered in bites. We alerted the hotel "manager" and she screamed in our faces that they did not have bedbugs. I told her I didnt know what it was but we got it there. No explanation nothing, just her and her husband accusing us of lying. We had to go to the doctor when we went back home and he informed us it was scabies. We had to quarantine all of our luggage, pay over $250 in medical and medicine costs all to save a few bucks. AVOID THIS HOTEL AT ALL COSTS!!!!

• Stayed: November 2010, traveled as a couple
6  Thank viper0015
Reviewed March 9, 2011

After discovering that the "Candlewood Suites" in Roswell did not really have suites at all, their staff found the Rodeway Inn with adjoining rooms for us. The Rodeway Inn is an older hotel that's family owned and revovation is in progress.

The rooms were very clean and quiet, included mini fridges, microwaves, in room coffee, and updated bathrooms. Free continental breakfast is also included. They have free wi fi and an outdoor pool (closed in early March).

The owners and staff were very friendly and helpful; they made good restaurant recommendation both nights we there, and had fresh baked cookies each evening.

It was great to have the old fashioned adjoining rooms so our 10 year old son and my wife and I could each have their own space. We'd definately stay here again if back in Roswell.

• Stayed: March 2011, traveled with family
1  Thank davcs
Reviewed February 22, 2011

We were pleasantly surprised by this property. Compared to other Roswell motels it was much cheaper but was clean and comfortable. We didn't care for the soap and shampoo dispensers but the shower was good. We had a nonsmoking room but encountered smokers in many outdoor areas including walkways and stairwells. Breakfast was the usual motel breakfast but it was kept well stocked.

• Stayed: February 2011, traveled as a couple
2  Thank gailmath
Reviewed October 11, 2010

This place has it all, they went out of their way to get us into a room before check in time at the same rate for a one night stay. this is a very clean and nice hotel.Very Quiet. This sat reflected the first stay a couple months back. The Owners are incrediblily nice and i felt like i was staying at a relatives house instead of a motel.

• Stayed: October 2010, traveled as a couple
Reviewed September 5, 2010

I booked and paid for the room in advance online, then called the hotel directly for certain requests, which I know they can't guarantee, but the person I spoke with seemed to accomodate my requests. Upon check-in, I found that I was misinformed and my requests could not be granted. The room itself was horrible; it has a window a/c which took at least 18 hrs for the room to get even close to comfortable, with the assistance of a box fan. Very poor design. The bed was totally uncomforable - my back hurt the whole time I was there. If you are like me, you take these reviews with a grain of salt, but this one is real; when visiting this city, do yourself a favor, spend a few more dollars and stay in someplace NICE! You will NOT be happy here.

• Stayed: September 2010, traveled with family
4  Thank CherubLane
Reviewed August 25, 2010

First we thought we had the wrong hotel...does not look like your typical Rodeway Inn. Then, we almost didn't stay because we thought it would be out of our budget (this place was gorgeous!). Turns out, the price was extremely reasonable for the time of year we stayed (second week in July). They had connecting 2 queen rooms which was fantastic because we have 3 teenagers (2 girls and 1 boy). Staff was very friendly and professional. Rooms were very clean and beds were comfortable. And the pool! WOW! It was huge! Don't see many hotels with pools like this one! If ever through Roswell again we will definitely stay here!

Stayed: July 2010, traveled with family