“Decent place to stay”
Review of Days Inn Roswell

Days Inn Roswell
Ranked #12 of 22 Hotels in Roswell

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (24)
A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed October 8, 2012

We checked in late and out early, and notably, the front desk was well attended. Only drawbacks was no bathroom fan, and the window would not open easily for circulation, and the breakfast had only apples as fresh fruit.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with Days Inn

Days I, Manager at Days Inn Roswell, responded to this review, October 9, 2012
Thank you for your candid comments. There is always room for improvement in everything we do and your comments certainly help us see things from the guest's point of view. We hope to be of service to you in the future.
LUBBOCK
Reviewed October 4, 2012

I've stayed here several times, and I belive that only one time did they have a working ice machine! Compared to the Days Inn in Deming. NM. the price for essentially the same room and amenities is out of line.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled solo
Review collected in partnership with Days Inn

Days I, Manager at Days Inn Roswell, responded to this review, October 9, 2012
Thank you for your candid comments. We believe our price is fair for the Roswell area. You notice changes in the near future that we believe you will be pleased with. Regarding the ice machine, the issue has been resolved. We look forward to serving you again in the future.
Berkshire
Reviewed September 17, 2012 via mobile

We stayed in Roswell for 1 night and hadn't pre-booked anywhere. The man on the front desk was very pleasant and helpful and booked us in quickly. After some confusion over smoking and no smoking rooms ( I wanted no smoking) we were put in room 200. The room was large, fresh and clean and the beds were comfortable. Unfortunately though our room was right next to the very busy main road and very noisy so this is why they have been marked down slightly. Our TV blew up and we reported it to reception who came over to change it within 10 minutes. I think for the health and safety of the staff, the Days Inn should consider upgrading to flat screen TV' s as I thought the poor man was going to get a hernia lifting the monstrosity off of the side and putting the new one back up there!! We were also woken at 4.30 by the nearby trains (which seems to be a problem all the way across America) then struggled to get back to sleep because of the traffic noise. All in all if we had been given a room toward the back of the hotel that was a little quieter they would have maybe scored a 5!!

• Stayed September 2012
Days I, Manager at Days Inn Roswell, responded to this review, October 9, 2012
Thank you for your review. We are sorry to hear you had issues sleeping because of the train passing through town. Maybe next trip through, contact us ahead of time so we can help get you that room further away from the highway. We look forward to serving you again.
JOURDANTON
Reviewed August 15, 2012

The Days Inn in Roswell, NM was a enjoyable stay. The staff was very polite and the room was comfortable and quiet. The pool was clean and easily accessed. I would have preferred a better brand of coffee but the breakfast was adequate.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple
Days I, Manager at Days Inn Roswell, responded to this review, October 9, 2012
Thank you for taking the time to review our property. We are glad you enjoyed your stay with us, we look forward to serving you in the future.
SoCal
Reviewed August 8, 2012

It's worth the money we paid I guess, because it wasn't very expensive, but it's not really much different than a Motel 6 I don't think. Outdoor corridors to the rooms on dingy concrete walkways with dirty staircases. It seems like quite an old property and not as nice as the other Days Inn properties we'd stayed at previously during our trip, and they weren't super awesome either.

Inside the room, they look like they'd made a concentrated effort to update the rooms. Ours had a nice fresh paint job and fresh, clean caulking in the bathroom. It was a clean room and other than the a/c having trouble keeping up, there really wasn't anything wrong with the room. The paint scheme was actually very pleasant and the beds were comfortable. The microwave was about the most basic type possible with a choice between "Cook" and "Defrost" that you turn on sort of like an egg timer dial with no cook levels or anything. It did work though, and the fridge/freezer was actually pretty nice. It had a freezer with a separate door and it froze a couple of our smaller water bottles overnight even though it wasn't able to freeze the larger ones.

I really didn't love the exterior of the property though, and disliked it enough that it colored my opinion of the entire place even though the interior was nice. It didn't help that the a/c wasn't up to par either. I kept thinking it would get colder, but it never did, and by 10pm, I just wanted to sleep and didn't feel like calling the front office and possibly moving rooms or waiting for some repair person to stop by. I wouldn't stay here again unless the exterior was spruced up a bit. I didn't like the look of it at all, and would have driven by if I hadn't made reservations in advance already. The staff was nice though, and maybe once they do a bit more cleanup/renovation, the place will be okay. I don't think I'd recommend it, unless you really just need a clean place to crash for the night. It fits that bill, but nothing more.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
Days I, Manager at Days Inn Roswell, responded to this review, August 14, 2012
Thank you for taking to the time to leave us a review. I apoligize the property did not meet your approval. We are making a few changes to the property. So the next time you are in town come see the property and give us another chance in staying with us. Thank you again for your review and out outlook on the property.

Nichole E.
Nomad
Reviewed July 23, 2012

Clean, friendly, pet-friendly, mostly quiet, decent breakfast, close enough to the heart of town... not bad, I say! Ok, there were a few loud people; the walls/windows are very thin. There were a bunch of flies in the bathroom, but closing the door when not in use seemed to contain them nicely. Everything else was fantastic - especially the pet friendly policy!

Room Tip: I think corner rooms echo a bit more than the rest, but they all get road noise.