“Good for a stopover but ask for a room away from the road” 4 of 5 bubbles
Review of Days Inn Roswell

Days Inn Roswell
Ranked #13 of 22 Hotels in Roswell
Berkshire
“Good for a stopover but ask for a room away from the road”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 17, 2012 via mobile

We stayed in Roswell for 1 night and hadn't pre-booked anywhere. The man on the front desk was very pleasant and helpful and booked us in quickly. After some confusion over smoking and no smoking rooms ( I wanted no smoking) we were put in room 200. The room was large, fresh and clean and the beds were comfortable. Unfortunately though our room was right next to the very busy main road and very noisy so this is why they have been marked down slightly. Our TV blew up and we reported it to reception who came over to change it within 10 minutes. I think for the health and safety of the staff, the Days Inn should consider upgrading to flat screen TV' s as I thought the poor man was going to get a hernia lifting the monstrosity off of the side and putting the new one back up there!! We were also woken at 4.30 by the nearby trains (which seems to be a problem all the way across America) then struggled to get back to sleep because of the traffic noise. All in all if we had been given a room toward the back of the hotel that was a little quieter they would have maybe scored a 5!!

• Stayed September 2012
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
Days I, Manager at Days Inn Roswell, responded to this review, October 9, 2012
Thank you for your review. We are sorry to hear you had issues sleeping because of the train passing through town. Maybe next trip through, contact us ahead of time so we can help get you that room further away from the highway. We look forward to serving you again.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (23)
JOURDANTON
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 15, 2012

The Days Inn in Roswell, NM was a enjoyable stay. The staff was very polite and the room was comfortable and quiet. The pool was clean and easily accessed. I would have preferred a better brand of coffee but the breakfast was adequate.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple
Days I, Manager at Days Inn Roswell, responded to this review, October 9, 2012
Thank you for taking the time to review our property. We are glad you enjoyed your stay with us, we look forward to serving you in the future.
SoCal
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 8, 2012

It's worth the money we paid I guess, because it wasn't very expensive, but it's not really much different than a Motel 6 I don't think. Outdoor corridors to the rooms on dingy concrete walkways with dirty staircases. It seems like quite an old property and not as nice as the other Days Inn properties we'd stayed at previously during our trip, and they weren't super awesome either.

Inside the room, they look like they'd made a concentrated effort to update the rooms. Ours had a nice fresh paint job and fresh, clean caulking in the bathroom. It was a clean room and other than the a/c having trouble keeping up, there really wasn't anything wrong with the room. The paint scheme was actually very pleasant and the beds were comfortable. The microwave was about the most basic type possible with a choice between "Cook" and "Defrost" that you turn on sort of like an egg timer dial with no cook levels or anything. It did work though, and the fridge/freezer was actually pretty nice. It had a freezer with a separate door and it froze a couple of our smaller water bottles overnight even though it wasn't able to freeze the larger ones.

I really didn't love the exterior of the property though, and disliked it enough that it colored my opinion of the entire place even though the interior was nice. It didn't help that the a/c wasn't up to par either. I kept thinking it would get colder, but it never did, and by 10pm, I just wanted to sleep and didn't feel like calling the front office and possibly moving rooms or waiting for some repair person to stop by. I wouldn't stay here again unless the exterior was spruced up a bit. I didn't like the look of it at all, and would have driven by if I hadn't made reservations in advance already. The staff was nice though, and maybe once they do a bit more cleanup/renovation, the place will be okay. I don't think I'd recommend it, unless you really just need a clean place to crash for the night. It fits that bill, but nothing more.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
Days I, Manager at Days Inn Roswell, responded to this review, August 14, 2012
Thank you for taking to the time to leave us a review. I apoligize the property did not meet your approval. We are making a few changes to the property. So the next time you are in town come see the property and give us another chance in staying with us. Thank you again for your review and out outlook on the property.

Nichole E.
Nomad
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 23, 2012

Clean, friendly, pet-friendly, mostly quiet, decent breakfast, close enough to the heart of town... not bad, I say! Ok, there were a few loud people; the walls/windows are very thin. There were a bunch of flies in the bathroom, but closing the door when not in use seemed to contain them nicely. Everything else was fantastic - especially the pet friendly policy!

Room Tip: I think corner rooms echo a bit more than the rest, but they all get road noise.
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
Days I, Manager at Days Inn Roswell, responded to this review, August 14, 2012
The Days Inn wants to Thank You for your review. We appreciate your business. We hope the next time you are in Roswell you decide to stay with us again. Agian thank you for choosing our hotel and leaving us a review.

Paris, Texas
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 17, 2012

The beds were clean, and the room did not smell. The kids ( 8&9) liked the beds, I did not as they were too firm for my taste. The pillows were comfy though. The staff were super friendly & super nice. Answered any questions we had (as this was our 1st trip to Roswell), gave reccommedations on what to do - other than the ailen stuff we had planned on. Breakfast was good and hot, lots of things to choose from. I would reccommend going early as all of the meat was gone by the time we got there (about 8:15). Good place to stay!

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
Days I, Manager at Days Inn Roswell, responded to this review, August 17, 2012
The staff here at the Days Inn wants to thank you for taking the time out of your busy day and leave us a review. I am pleased to hear you had a pleasent stay here at the Days Inn. We hope the next time you are through town you will choose us to stay with again. Again Thank you for you review.

El Centro, California
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 12, 2012

My wife, three-year old son and I stayed at the Days Inn in Roswell, New Mexico on July 10, 2012. What follows is the most honest review I can provide.

The hotel is located on North Main Street; less than a mile from the UFO Museum, gift shops, and what one might call the "extra-terrestrial" heartbeat of the city. Its location makes for an easy walk to Roswell's main attractions rendering the use of your car unnecessary. (This is always a plus.)

The two receptionists we dealt with were both friendly and extremely helpful. The room was clean, the bed was comfortable, the pillows were to our liking, and all of the basic cable channels that any guest staying at a hotel has come to expect were available. In addition, for those of you who have spouses who are facebook junkies and can't live without an internet connection serving as an umbilical cord to the world, a strong wi-fi connection was available in the room.

One last note, (and I would be remiss to mention this,) we needed to have our car unexpectedly serviced at the local dealership during our one day stay in Roswell. Because the vehicle wasn't quite ready at the 11:00 AM check-out time, the receptionist made arrangements to have our room be the last one cleaned; this meant that we were permitted to keep the room until after 1:00 PM. Nice.

Based on our experience, coupled with the minimal but interesting attractions that Roswell has to offer, I'd like to state that whether you're on a budget (as we were) or not, the Days Inn in Roswell is a great place to stay because of its excellent value. I highly recommend.

Dennis M. Price

• Stayed February 2012, traveled with family
3 Thank mrelcentro
Days I, Manager at Days Inn Roswell, responded to this review, July 20, 2012
Mr. Price,
We would like to thank you for choosing our hotel to stay with. I'm pleased to hear the late check out was a help too you and your family. We hope to see you again in the near future.

Management
Reno, Nevada
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 29, 2012

We stayed at Days Inn in Roswell a couple of months ago, the rooms were very clean and comfortable. The staff was very friendly. We will definitely stay there during our next visit! Thank you for the wonderful hospitality!!
Stella, Manuel & Isabella Trevino

• Stayed March 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank StellaTrevino
, Manager at Days Inn Roswell, responded to this review, July 12, 2012
Thank you for choosing us to stay with. We look forward to having you here with us again soon.

Manager