“Fine for Business”

Best Western El Rancho Palacio
Ranked #7 of 22 Hotels in Roswell
Reviewed November 18, 2012

Pleasant property with decent amenities, nice rooms, and ok rates. Plenty of restaurants within walking distance. Breakfast provided, but limited and repetitious if you're staying more than one day. Toward the north end of town (near NMMI).

Room Tip: Recommend the back of the property so you're away from the noise of the main street out front.
  • Stayed: November 2012, traveled on business
Crystal L, Manager at Best Western El Rancho Palacio, responded to this reviewResponded November 26, 2012

Thank you for taking time out of your day to post a review. I am pleased to hear you enjoyed your stay at our property. I will be sure to tell our staff to keep up the good work and continue doing what our guests have come to expect. If you happen to come back to the Roswell area in the future, we look forward to serving you again.

There are newer reviews for Best Western El Rancho Palacio

Reviewed November 15, 2012

Don't bother paying over a hundred bucks a night for the most expensive hotel in Roswell - if you can live without a pool, the Best Western El Rancho Palacio is the way to go! It's recently been renovated and the pictures that you see on the website are EXACTLY what the rooms look like. The rooms are incredibly clean and feel brand new. They have great lighting, comfy beds, cozy bedding, big TVs, luxurious bathrooms, and even beamed style ceilings! I was hesitant when I first pulled in the parking lot (errrr, arrived in Roswell in general) and was so surprised. Even the breakfast is great, and the price you CAN NOT beat.

Because of hurricane Sandy, I was delayed getting back to New York by three days. I had already checked out of this Best Western, and decided just for kicks I would book a night at the Best Western Plus Sally Port Inn across the street - I really did need to use a computer/business center, which they had. I couldn't believe it - the El Rancho Palacio was 10x nicer. The Best Western Plus had big, stark rooms that just don't feel as cozy (not enough blankets, either) and by the looks of the bathroom tile it hasn't been updated very recently. You even needed a "ticket" to get your breakfast - weird!

My sincere hope is that this review will convince anyone going into Roswell blind like I did to book their stay at the Best Western El Rancho Palacio. I wound up staying in six different hotels on my way back to Texas, and then New York - this was the nicest one, and one of the best values I have ever come across. Thanks BW!

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled as a couple
Crystal L, Manager at Best Western El Rancho Palacio, responded to this reviewResponded November 16, 2012

Thank you for taking the time to post a review! This is such a super review of our hotel and I will make sure my staff knows to keep up the good work. Happy travels and should you find yourself in Roswell again we will look forward to serving you again. Thank you, again, for making our day.

Reviewed November 4, 2012

Happened to pick the hotel, the night they had just repaved most of the parking lot, got the last of the remaining spaces, can't really fault the hotel, it was a Sunday probably lowest reserved room night and best night to do this on. Except unlike what others have said all that was in walking distance was uninteresting chain and fast food, and i prefer local when traveling. There is a mexican restaurant next door but closes early. Had an issue with the smoke detector going off in the room and the front desk clerk was very prompt in getting this issue taken care of. Overall very clean, moderately sized rooms, suggest going with second floor for the higher ceiling with wood beams gives a room more feeling of space. All the basics, and a good comfy bed... would definitely stay again and recommend. Arrived at breakfast late, so no problems with many people being there, like others have said, decent warm breakfast, with a nice cheese egg wrap.

1  Thank northernk
Crystal L, Manager at Best Western El Rancho Palacio, responded to this reviewResponded November 6, 2012

Thank you for taking the time to post a review, we are happy to hear you enjoyed your stay with us. We work hard to make each guest's stay comfortable and pleasant. We are happy to report that our parking lot project is complete. Should you find yourself in the Roswell area again, come stay with us, we look forward to serving you again.

Reviewed November 3, 2012

The front desk person, Jinny, was very helpful. She gave us websites for local movie theaters when we mentioned we would like to relax by seeing a movie. The room was clean, and bed comfortable. Breakfast was good, although the breakfast room is very small and was packed with people. This hotel is right off the main drag, and there are plenty of restaurants closeby. Overall a nice place to stay.

1  Thank Bluemountain24
Crystal L, Manager at Best Western El Rancho Palacio, responded to this reviewResponded November 4, 2012

Thank you for taking the time to post a review. It is always nice to hear when a member of my staff has done a job well done. I will tell her about your comments about her hospitality and tell her and my housekeeping staff to keep up the good work. We look forward to serving you again in the future!

Reviewed October 31, 2012

Stayed here one night while visiting Roswell. The girl running the front desk was by far the most friendly and helpful we had met during our cross country trip. The rooms were your standard hotel room but very clean and comfortable.
We were able to walk to restaurants and other shops from this location (which was good since we had a truck pulling a trailer and difficult to get around in town with it).

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled as a couple

Thank you for your review. I am happy to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us and I will most definitely tell our staff about your comments. Should you find yourself in the Roswell area again, we will be happy to serve you.

Reviewed October 7, 2012

I have stayed at this hotel in the past and have always been very satisfied. The manager ,Chrystal, does a great job and has the best people working with her. The rooms are always very clean and comfortable. The breakfast is always good and adequate and the lady who takes care of the breakfast area is there constantly keeping things well stocked. This hotel is a great value and I will always stay here on my visits to Roswell. A special comment goes to Lupe at the front desk. What a breath of fresh air this young lady is. She could not have been nicer, more polite and knowledgeable. She is a very smart young lady with a great sense of humor also. She is wonderful. Great job Chrystal for having the right people working with you. No negatives at this hotel.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled on business
Review collected in partnership with Best Western

Thank you for taking the time out to post a review about your stays on Trip Advisor. It's always nice to hear what we are doing right and what we should continue doing to make our guests stay comfortable and pleasant. We look forward to serving you again in the future.

Reviewed September 26, 2012

The staff is very friendly! The room was very clean and nicely updated. The pool was cold but clean and deep. Our only complaint was the noise from Main Street traffic went on all night. Didn't bother me but kept my son awake. Roswell is a bustling little town. Would stay here again. Great value!

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled with family
Crystal L, Manager at Best Western El Rancho Palacio, responded to this reviewResponded October 3, 2012

Thank you for your review about your stay at our property. I'm glad you found your stay to be enjoyable. I would like to address your issue with the traffic, I sincerely apologize that your son was unable to sleep well, perhaps we could make your next stay more comfortable by reserving a room further away from the highway? We hope to be of service to you in the future.