See what travelers are saying:
Reviewed July 7, 2017 via mobile

We never ended up staying here and I'm glad. I booked a room for my friend and I well in advance (through expedia) for what we knew was going to be a very busy weekend in Roswell. A week before we are to get there I get a phonecall from the owner of the Mayo insisting I cancel my reservation as my room 'no longer exists'. I tell him that another room will be fine but he said he couldmt give me another room unless I cancel my booking. I refused to do this because if I cancel my booking I have nothing and no recourse. Every other room in town was booked at this point. So we keave it at that and show up there a week later. As soon as we walk in the owner was immediately hostile. "If you don't cancek your reservation you will not get a room" . Again I daid we're not picky. Any room will do. He refused so we walked off the call Expedia. Dealing with Expedia was a huge ordeal but they did end up getting us into another hotel fir my original price which was much nicer and in a better part of tiwn than the Mayo.
I truly beleive that this owner wanted me to drop my booking because he didnt realize when i made it that there was a big event in roswell that weekend and he could have got more money for the room. I had the foresight to book months in advance and he tried to screw me. We asked neighbours and other hotel people around town about this guy and his hotel. They universally said that the place is filled with sketchy people and the owner is a shyster.
I only got a look at the place and had to deal with the owner but I would 100% recommend you steer clear of this place.

Stayed: June 2017, traveled with friends
Reviewed June 30, 2017 via mobile

Great price..very clean..and the bed is amazing..so comfortable..staff is very friendly highly recommend if you want no frills just a comfortable night sleep.Room is small but has microwave and fridge..would liked to have had a coffee pot in room but you can get coffee at front office.

Stayed: June 2017, traveled as a couple
Reviewed February 23, 2017

We stayed at this hotel during the summer as Roswell was a quick stop for us on our way through the Southwest. Great little motel with a very friendly staff. The rooms where nice and clean and even though we got there past midnight someone was very friendly to greet us and offer us free bottled water.

Honestly for the price we couldn't complain and everything seemed nice and clean.

The pool was closed but honestly was just there for the night and clean showers.

• Stayed: June 2016, traveled as a couple
Reviewed February 12, 2017

Priced competitively with other budget hotels around town. Right on the 70 highway, it only gets real quiet in the middle of the night, so noise is a concern. Mattresses are memory foam and pretty worn to the point of losing their memory. Everything needed a good dusting. Didn't even want to sit in the chair. Reading light over bed too dim to be able to read. Cute, tiny, tiled bathroom with a well worn tub. Plenty of hot water. Refrigerator, microwave. Very helpful front desk person. I think maybe it was Ms. Patel, but I could be wrong.

Room Tip: Keep driving.
  • Stayed: February 2017, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Rendell W
Reviewed July 15, 2016 via mobile

Stayed two nights in July...personnel helpful but did not mention that pool was not operating...at 106 F outside temperature!
They even had the nerve to light the pool sign to get more customers.
Rooms worn but clean with huge TVs.
In summary: you get what you pay for the low price except the pool!

Stayed: July 2016, traveled with friends