La Quinta Inn & Suites Roswell
$76
CandlewoodSuites
$118
TownePlace Suites
Best Western El Rancho Palacio(Roswell)(Great Value!)
$81
BestWestern.com
Comfort Inn(Roswell)
TripAdvisor
All reviewsroom king suitedog parkindoor poolwafflesthe main streetallow petsstayed one nightstay there againdecent breakfastfitness centerdesk clerksausageroad tripnice roomnice staystaff was very friendlyeasy access
FilterAll languages
Reviewed July 18, 2010

We made a mistake and had two rooms paid for at this hotel when we only needed one. When we checked in, the hotel manager gave us our first experience of the great customer service at this property by voluntarily cancelling one of the reservations. It set the stage for a very pleasant overnight stay - the rooms were clean and comfortable, the decor in the rooms and throughout the property is lovely, the staff was friendly and helpful. The inn appears to be brand new. General Manager Bob Gutzman helped us when we checked in and was there to greet us again when we checked out - clearly setting a standard of excellence that is reflected throughout the hotel.

• Stayed: July 2010, traveled with family
LQmanager, Manager at La Quinta Inn & Suites Roswell, responded to this reviewResponded July 23, 2010

Thank You for your review. I was glad to help you out and we look forward to your next visit. I will pass your review on to my staff. I hope you had a safe trip back and please feel free to contact me if we I help in any way with your lodging needs. Bob Gutman

Reviewed July 7, 2010

Rooms was clean but there was a funky smell (spoiled milk hidden somewhere). Stuffed some dryer sheets in the AC vents and that helped enormously. Pool was a little dirty but heavily chlorinated so the kids had fun. My only real beef with the place was the cost-- average of around $170 a night with taxes. Yikes, for Roswell!?!? We were there for the UFO Alien Festival so that may have accounted for the jacked up rate.... which, by the way, was a real bust... sparsely attended... a real disappointment. We were supposed to meet some friends here so we planned to stay in here en route from Illinois to the Grand Canyon. Anyway, the hotel has a hot breakfast (warmed up in the micro but it helped save some $$$) and laundry, too.

• Stayed: July 2010, traveled with family
1  Thank mrlypage
LQmanager, Manager at La Quinta Inn & Suites Roswell, responded to this reviewResponded July 15, 2010

We value all reviews and appreciate all coments good or bad. We apologize for the problems you experienced during your stay. We always look for ways to improve our property for the guest and feedback from you will help us improve our quality here at La Quinta. We sincerely hope you will visit us again in the future.

Reviewed May 20, 2010

I liked this hotel a lot, but it was a bit overpriced for what you get.
On the good side, the staff is really, really nice. The breakfast was good, the rooms were clean and quiet, but a bit small, and the showerhead was really nice. The location was great (it is close to NMMI). They have special handicapped rooms, which have doorbells and large bathrooms.
When we checked in they gave us a "non-smoking" room that smelled of cigarette smoke, and there was an air purifier in the room that had been left by housekeeping, but sadly housekeeping hadn't turned it on ! I took it down to the front desk, and they were really polite. We wound up changing rooms, and the clerk was sympathetic. The weird thing was, this whole process (check in, go to the room, move room, etc.) took about a 1/2 hour, and there was some guy at the front desk (not staff) the whole time using the phone for what was pretty obviously a very personal conversation, (he was talking about his unemployment and thanking his relative for the help) and this was after 11PM on a Saturday night. Just a little weird.... but it is Roswell....
The pool is pretty tiny, and I didn't get a good feeling from that either... they said it had just been cleaned, and that may have accounted for it, but the water was an odd color and there were tiny bits of leaf and other stuff in it. There was also a couple of teenagers who were making out in the "deep" end the whole time, well over an hour. My 6 year old daughter had a good swim, but I just didn't feel comfortable.
Breakfast is good, but the breakfast room is small and poorly laid out. You are constantly crowded as you have to go from A to B to C to get your breakfast items. I had to use the business center to print off our airline boarding passes, and the printer was both out of paper, and very low on ink. The front desk gave me paper when I asked, but nothing was done about the ink. The outside doors all require room keys to get in, but one of them is broken, and you can't get in at all that way. If you park down that end, you have to walk around the hotel. Even stranger, when we came back to the hotel late one night (11PM Tuesday night) the front desk clerk was GONE, nobody was there, and the hotel was locked. We had to look around and to find the lock for the front door and let ourselves in with our room key! Our sheets weren't changed, during our stay, but in the maid's defense we had left a lot of stuff on our bed. She did make the bed, but didn't change the sheets (I know because there was a chocolate stain on one of them that my daughter left).
Now don't get the wrong impression, the place is nice, and clean, and the staff is nice and smiles, the beds are soft. The fitness center had new machines and they were in very good condition. The decor is very nice. If the rooms were a lower price I would definitely give the place a thumbs up...but the price isn't lower. We were there on NMMI graduation weekend, so perhaps we got an unusually high rate, but we paid over $100 a night for what was really a good $75 to $85 a night room. IF you can get it for a price in that range, definitely stay here, but if you can't get it that cheap, check elsewhere.

• Stayed: May 2010, traveled with family
LQmanager, General Manager at La Quinta Inn & Suites Roswell, responded to this reviewResponded June 1, 2010

We take all feedback seriously and we sincerely regret that we did not meet your ecpectations in some areas. I have brought up your concerns to the staff and have corrected the problems you encountered during your stay. We look forward to your next visit.

Reviewed April 26, 2010

After reading TripAdvisor we chose La Quinta. We chose a king suite when we arrived, for about $20 more.

First thing I noticed on entering the room, was the "smell". Kind of a combination between stinky shoes and a smelly toilet. They need to change their cleaning products, if that is what it is. Turned on the two airconditioners, came back two hours later, and it's still reeking. Used the microwave to cook dinner, and it "disguised" the other smell of the room. (NB Smell didn't bother husband as much as it did me).

Internet - we were on the first floor at the end of the building, and internet is very unstable (wireless). It is "disconnecting" every 20 seconds or less. Very frustrating. Signal Strength is poor and doesn't seem to matter which of their "networks" I choose. For $150 p/night, I would expect better internet.

The bathroom is compact - just the toilet and bath. Outside the bathroom is the sink and a large bench.

The living area room is dark but thankfully there are two windows (one in the bedroom) which let in afternoon sunlight and also numerous lamps (though i would like one that is "bright").

The bedroom is of a good size, bed comfy (on the firm side) with nice soft pillows. I noticed the window sills in the bedroom were thick with dirt/dust, but I'm also guessing being in a desert, it's also very difficult to keep clean.

We heard the train @ 7.20pm. I was awake at 5.25am when the train came through; I was hot, and the bedding had the sheet/comforter combined. It was a bit much warmth for the weather (for me), with no option of sleeping with less. The train noise isn't unique to this hotel, it's something I'd guess half of Roswell hears.

Breakfast was good - including two "hot" choices - cheese omlette & hamburger patties. also they have a waffle machine (was yummy), fruit, juices, cereals, toast (ie the "normal").

Staff were very efficient and friendly, and both check-in and check-out were very quick.

• Stayed: April 2010, traveled as a couple
LQmanager, Manager at La Quinta Inn & Suites Roswell, responded to this reviewResponded May 7, 2010

I have read your comments regarding your stay here in Roswell at La Quinta Inn and Suites. I apologize for the problems you encounteredduring your stay and I appreciate you bringing these items to our attention. We have corrected the problems and hope to see you in the future.
Manager La Quinta Inn and Suites
Roswell NM

Reviewed April 23, 2010

Traveling with kids and wanted to let them swim in an indoor pool. Found a cheaper hotel in town (Motel 6) that was $30 cheaper, but their pool was closed, so we stayed at La Quinta just for their pool.

Management seemed sincere in asking if room was acceptable.

Staff opened up nearby board room as overflow for breakfast as small eating area quickly filled up. Breakfast area overseer seemed to hover like the breakfast police almost making people feel like they were doing something wrong.

• Stayed: April 2010, traveled with friends
LQmanager, Manager at La Quinta Inn & Suites Roswell, responded to this reviewResponded April 26, 2010

I personally thank you for your coments regarding your stay. My staff and I always strive for 100% satisfaction for our guests. I will inform the breakfast server about your concerns. I personally apologize for the experience you encountered.
Bob Gutman